Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs are tender, fall-of-the-bone ribs, coated in a sweet BBQ sauce. It’s an easy Crock Pot recipe that makes a great weeknight dinner or a potluck recipe for parties.
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
As a southern girl it’s in my DNA to love BBQ ribs and this awesome recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs has made it even easier for me to serve up a rack of ribs slathered in sweet BBQ sauce for dinner. Making ribs in a slow cooker is so simple you’re going to wonder why you didn’t try it years ago…at least that’s how I felt the first time I tried it!
SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Slow Cooker board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
The key to good ribs is cooking them low and slow so the slow cooker is the perfect answer. It doesn’t even take a lot of prep work. Just peel the silver skin off of the ribs (I show you how here) and rub them with a dry rub. Technically you can skip this part but I like the extra flavor it adds to the ribs, and if you have someone who isn’t a huge fan of BBQ sauce you can leave a few of the ribs only lightly sauced and they will still be tasty. Place the rack of ribs in your slow cooker (you can cut them into smaller sections if needed) and pour in your BBQ sauce, making sure to coat your ribs with it. Set your slow cooker to low for 8 hours and enjoy the rest of your day while your house fills with the amazing scent of BBQ!
When your slow cooker BBQ ribs have finished cooking take them out of the slow cooker, add a little more BBQ sauce if you like, and you’re ready to eat. Can you believe how easy that was?!
Tips for making Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs:
- If you want to get that caramelized BBQ sauce on your ribs you can remove the cooked ribs from the slow cooker and place them on a baking sheet. Add a little more BBQ sauce and place them in the oven under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Then they are ready to go!
- If you don’t have 8 hours to wait you can also make these with your slow cooker set to HIGH for 4 hours.
- I used St. Louis-Style pork ribs for these but you can also substitute Baby Back and Country Style ribs as well as beef ribs if you prefer.
- Save yourself some clean up time and use a slow cooker liner! Just choose the right size for our slow cooker and let the liner do all of the work.
Want more Slow Cooker recipes?
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs are tender, fall-of-the-bone ribs, coated in a sweet BBQ sauce. It's an easy Crock Pot recipe that makes a great weeknight dinner or a potluck recipe for parties.
- 1 rack St. Louis-Style Ribs
- 3 cups BBQ sauce divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
Combine all of the ingredients for the dry rub in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Remove the silver skin from the ribs and rub the rack of ribs with the dry rub.
Place the ribs in the slow cooker and cover with 2 cups of the BBQ sauce.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove from the slow cooker and baste with the final cup of BBQ sauce.