Frozen Strawberry Pie
This easy Frozen Strawberry Pie is made with a no bake graham cracker crust, fresh strawberries, and creamy strawberry yogurt. It’s a low calorie strawberry cream pie that is perfect for summer!
This creamy, dreamy frozen strawberry pie has been my go to dessert this summer. Not only is it a super easy, no bake dessert that can be thrown together in 10 minutes….it’s also a low calorie treat that tastes like strawberry ice cream.
Summer strawberries are one of my favorite things and I’ve got all sorts of recipes that use them from delicious desserts like classic strawberry shortcake and easy strawberry angel food cake to savory dishes like strawberry spinach salad.
This dish uses fresh chopped strawberries (you can use frozen if you prefer!) and folds them into strawberry yogurt and light whipped topping (otherwise known as Cool Whip) and then freezes everything into a cool, delicious dessert that is perfect for summer parties.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Strawberry yogurt – I like Yoplait original strawberry yogurt but you can use your favorite brand.
- Strawberries – you can use fresh or frozen (and thawed) strawberries. I slice them to give me bigger chunks but you can also chop them up if you like smaller pieces.
- Sugar – This is optional. If you think your strawberries are sweet enough without it feel free to skip it and keep the calories lower.
- Cool Whip – This adds volume to the yogurt and keeps the mixture light and fluffy. It also adds some sweetness.
- Graham cracker crust – To save time and keep this a no bake recipe you’ll use a premade graham cracker crust you purchase at the store. If you want to change up the flavors you can also use a premade OREO crust, Nilla wafer crust, or chocolate graham cracker crust.
Step 1 – Make the filling. In a large bowl combine the strawberry yogurt, sliced strawberries, sugar, and Cool Whip. Fold the mixture together until it is fully combined.
Step 2 – Add to crust. Spoon the mixture into the premade graham cracker crust. Most store bought crusts come with a plastic lid, if you have one place it over the pie and crimp the edges of the pie dish to hold it in place
Step 3 – Freeze. Place the pie in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
Step 4 – Serve. When ready to serve let the pie sit out for 15-20 minutes to allow it to soften. Garnish with fresh strawberries then cut and serve.
Take this simple strawberry cream pie to all of your summer parties, BBQs, and potlucks and watch it disappear. I promise you people will be asking you for the recipe!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries in Place of Fresh?
Yes. While I love fresh summer strawberries their peak season flies by. If you prefer you can use frozen strawberries. I measure them out and then put them in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften them so I can chop them up before adding them to the yogurt mixture.
You can use sweetened frozen strawberries but if you do that do not add the additional sugar listed in the recipe. I prefer unsweetened frozen strawberries if I’m using frozen.
What Kind of Yogurt is Best?
You can use any yogurt you like, if you’re going for less calories use a light yogurt, if you like some extra strawberry flavor use a yogurt with fruit in the bottom. If you prefer the taste of Greek yogurt go for it!
This recipe is super simple and stress free so use whatever your favorite brand is. I highly recommend Yoplait original strawberry because I think it has a great flavor but anything will work.
Looking for More Strawberry Recipes?
- Strawberry Sauce
- No Bake Strawberry Summer Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
- Strawberry Watermelon Infused Water
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Frozen Strawberry Pie
- 12 ounces Strawberry yogurt
- 6 ounces Strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 Graham cracker crust
- Add the strawberry yogurt to a large bowl followed by the sliced strawberries, sugar, and Cool Whip.
- Use a spoon or spatula to fold everything together until it is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the premade graham cracker crust. Most store bought crusts come with a plastic lid, if you have one place it over the pie and crimp the edges of the pie dish to hold it in place.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve let the pie sit out for 15-20 minutes to allow it to soften. Garnish with fresh strawberries then cut and serve.