This easy White Chocolate Cranberry Cake combines boxed cake mix, frozen cranberries, and white chocolate for an easy cake recipe that is perfect for the holiday season.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on something and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
My mother’s birthday was a few weeks ago, so naturally I made a cake for her. You’d think that since I am a food blogger I would make things from scratch but just like everyone else I just don’t always have time for that and honestly, Betty Crocker knows what she is doing! I actually prefer box cake mix to cakes made from scratch. I know, the shock and horror! Maybe it is because I’m more of a throw everything in a pan and see what happens kind of girl and baking takes so much precision. Whatever it is my cakes tend to start with box cake mix and then I add different ingredients to it to make it my own. Just like our Coconut Cake!
With the holidays right around the corner, I decided to make my mom a white chocolate cranberry cake. I started with white cake mix and added some frozen cranberries to the batter. I baked it in this awesome heritage bundt pan. It makes any cake beautiful! While it baked I made the white chocolate glaze from scratch, which was super easy and I topped it off with a few sugared cranberries to complete the look. Ta-da gorgeous cake! I even used melted vanilla almond bark to make edible letters and numbers. As you can see I got carried away with those. What can I say? They are so fun to make! I used the same technique we used here.
The white chocolate glaze was made extra thick so it would not run all the way down the sides and I love how it settled into the shape from the bundt pan. Next time I’m going to try this crown bundt pan. Beautiful right?!
- 1 White cake mix + ingredients listed on box
- 1 C Frozen cranberries
- 1 C confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 C Vanilla almond bark, chopped
- 1 T Heavy cream
- Follow directions for cake mix, add frozen cranberries to batter.
- Bake the cake using the directions on the back of the cake mix box for the pan you are using.
- In a sauce pan over low-med heat combine confectioner's sugar and heavy cream.
- Once completely mixed remove the pan from the heat and stir in vanilla almond bark until completely melted. If it is too runny, add more confectioners' sugar. If too thick, add more heavy cream.
- Wait until the cake is cool to touch before pouring glaze over cake.
- Decorate with sugared cranberries.
It’s hard to believe that this cake started out as a simple box cake mix. It came out so moist and the cranberries added just the right amount of tartness. Everyone enjoyed it and the kids loved eating all the white chocolate letters and numbers.
Happy 68th birthday to my toughest critic, my mother 🙂
Looking for more awesome cake ideas? Try these!