Orange Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% our own. #WarmUpYourDay #CollectiveBias
This ooey gooey monkey bread recipe is a twist on the classic. Made with sweet rolls covered in caramel, butter and orange juice it is the perfect breakfast treat.
While we love breakfast Melinda and I both agree that on the weekends brunch is the best. Who wants to get up early and cook while everyone else is still sleeping? Brunch means you get to sleep in a little, and I think we can all agree that anything that lets you get a little more sleep is pretty awesome.
Our Orange Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread recipe uses Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls and 100% Forida orange juice. You can grab them both at Walmart along with the other ingredients. There is even a $1 off when you buy both 100% Florida OJ and Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls, be sure to look for it !
When you’re ready to make them all you have to do it combine the ingredients and put it in the oven. While it’s cooking you can fry up some bacon and scramble a few eggs, then gather around the table with the family and dig in.
This monkey bread is so easy, and delicious, you are going to wonder where it has been all of your life. Pop open 2 cans of Pepperidge Farms Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls and separate them into individual rolls. Then cut the rolls into quarters. Put sugar and orange zest in a plastic storage bag and add the cut up sweet rolls. Toss them in the sugar until they are thoroughly coated and then add them to a bundt pan. Pour the caramel sauce that comes in the sweet roll packaging, over the rolls. Then melt butter in the microwave and mix sugar and 100% Florida Orange Juice into it. Pour the butter over the rolls and put the bundt pan in the oven for about 40 minutes.
When it is golden brown take it out of the oven and let it cool completely. You’re going to want to rush things….Melinda and I know this from experience…don’t do it! The delicious caramelized sugar that the bread has been cooking in needs to cool to firm it up. If you rush it then you will have butter running everywhere…so I’ve heard…
When the monkey bread has cooled and things seem to have firmed up flip it over onto a serving platter and pull the bundt pan off. Mmm, it will be beautiful and and ooey gooey, you’re not going to be able to resist pulling a piece off, you know, to taste test it ;). Sprinkle the pecans that were in the Pepperidge Farms Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls package over the top, or if you really want to be decadent drizzle icing over the top.
Kids (and adults) love pulling off a few pieces of monkey bread as a sweet treat with their breakfast/brunch. Serve it with a big glass of 100% Florida Orange juice and consider brunch a success! If there are leftovers it makes a great snack too, but mine rarely lasts that long.
Easy Breakfast Ideas: Orange Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
- 2 can Pepperidge Farms pecan caramel sweet rolls
- 3/4 cup White sugar
- 1 Orange, , zested
- ½ c 100% Florida orange juice
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 1 c Brown sugar
- 1/8 Salt
- 2 c Confectioner's sugar
- 3 tbsp 100% Florida orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Open both cans of sweet rolls, pull the rolls apart and cut each roll into quarters.
- Mix the white sugar, orange zest, and a pinch of salt in a storage bag.
- Drop quartered rolls into the bag and seal it.
- Shake the bag until the sweet rolls pieces are completely coated.
- Put the pieces into the bundt pan.
- Open the caramel sauce that came with the sweet rolls and pour the sauce over the sugar-coated sweet roll pieces.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and stir in brown sugar, and orange juice.
- Pour the butter mixture over sweet roll pieces.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top of the sweet rolls are golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 1 hour.
- Once cooled flip the bundt pan over onto a platter and remove the pan.
- Sprinkle the monkey bread with the pecans that came in the sweet roll package.
- Optional: Add orange vanilla icing.
- Mix confectioner's sugar and orange juice in a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of juice at a time until you reach a consistency where the icing can be drizzled over the monkey bread.
- Drizzle over bread and serve.
What is your favorite thing to make for breakfast/brunch? Share it with us in the comments!