Air Fryer Baked Apple Slices
Air fryer baked apples are an easy and delicious treat your family with love! Perfectly cooked cinnamon and sugar baked apples in only 10 minutes!
Is there anything better than a healthy treat? You can indulge in deliciousness and not feel guilty. It’s a win-win!
These baked apple slices are just like the cinnamon sugar baked apple slices we make in a conventional oven. The air fryer is basically a mini convection oven, so you get the same results in less time. Also perfect for when you just want a single serving as a quick and easy dessert!
They only take about 10 minutes to make, which is great for a busy household, and there are just 5 simple ingredients making this an all-around easy recipe.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Apples – See below for suggestions on the type of apple to use.
- Sugar – We use a mix of white and brown sugar.
- Cinnamon – The combination of cinnamon and sugar give them a delicious apple pie flavor.
- Salted butter – use salted instead of unsalted to help enhance the flavor.
How to Bake Apple Slices in an Air Fryer
Step 1 – Mix spices – In a small bowl, combine white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir together until well blended, breaking up any lumps.
Step 2 – Prepare apples – Peel apple and remove the core. Cut into ½ inch thick wedges and set aside.
Step 3 – Melt butter – Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds until butter is melted.
Step 4 – Coat apples – Place the apples in the bowl with the melted butter and toss to coat, then sprinkle the apples with the cinnamon sugar and toss until evenly coated.
Step 5 – Cook and serve – Place the apple slices in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. When done, remove the apples from the basket and serve immediately.
Best Apples for Baking
We like a really crisp apples that have lots of flavor and a nice mix of sweet and tart for our baked apples. Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Braeburn, or Fuji are our favorites. You can also use granny smith apples if you like them extra tart, though you may want to add a little more sugar if go this route.
Any apple will work if it’s crisp and not mealy. Baking softens the apple, so starting with one that isn’t crisp will give you mushy baked apples.
Are Baked Apples Healthy?
Yes! Apples are rich in vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. They help with digestion, heart disease and weight loss.
Bakes apples are a delicious and healthy treat that you won’t feel guilty for indulging in!
What to Serve with Baked Apple Slices
Baked apples are a delicious treat for any time of day!
At Breakfast, you can serve them as a topping for yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, French toast, or wrapped in a crepe.
You can also enjoy them after your meals as a dessert! I love this as a simple sweet treat all on its own, but if you want to be a little more decadent serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream.
How to Store Them
A great thing about this recipe is it makes the perfect single serving so it can be eaten right away. The apples will become softer when reheated, so for the best results serve immediately. If you want to make it ahead of time, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Just pop them in the microwave to reheat.
Looking for More Apple Desserts?
- Apple Spice Cake
- Caramel Apple Bread
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Chocolate Covered Apple Kabobs
- More Apple Recipes…
Air Fryer Baked Apple Slices
- 1 large Apple, can be any type
- 1 tablespoon White sugar
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Salted butter
- In a small bowl combine white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir together and break up any lumps.
- Peel apple and remove core. Cut into ½ inch thick wedges and set aside.
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds until butter is melted.
- Place the apples in the bowl with the melted butter and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the apples with the cinnamon sugar and toss until evenly coated.
- Place the apple slices in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- When done remove from basket and serve immediately.