Caramel Apple Dip
Caramel apple dip gives you all of the flavors of the classic fall treat. Layers of sweetened cream cheese, thick caramel, and chopped nuts make a delicious, no-bake caramel dessert dip for apples.
This caramel apple dip is the perfect dessert for fall gatherings. This dip turns caramel apples into a shareable dessert perfect for any fall occasion from Halloween parties to Thanksgiving!
This cream cheese fruit dip gives you all that caramel apple goodness without the hassle of dipping apples! It has layers of sweetened cream cheese that taste just like cheesecake, and it’s topped with thick caramel and a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
Scoop it up on an apple slice and you’ll never eat caramel apples the same again :).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients for Homemade Caramel Apple Dip
For a this sweet fall dip, you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- Cream cheese – We use full fat, regular cream cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Caramel – You’ll need both a sauce and dip. We use Smucker’s brand caramel for the sauce but you can use whatever brand you prefer. You’re looking for the caramel sauce that you put on your ice cream. The dip is for on top, so you want it to be thicker than the sauce. We use a caramel apple dip that is usually found in the produce section.
- Cool Whip – You really need to use Cool Whip or a generic equivalent. Aerosol versions of whip cream won’t hold up well.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Really no great substitute for this since it adds some extra texture and sweetness to the dip.
- Chopped peanuts – These add some nice crunch and texture to the dip. Peanuts are traditionally on caramel apples but if you prefer pecans or walnuts they are delicious too!
Sweet Dip Versatility
Sweet dips are more than just a delightful companion for apples; they’re incredibly versatile and can elevate a wide range of desserts, snacks, and fruits. Sweet dips come in a multitude of flavors to suit every palate. While our caramel apple dip is a favorite during the fall season, you can explore an array of other options year-round. Some popular sweet dip variations include:
- Lemon Meringue Dip: A silky lemon dip that is a fluffy summer dessert made with a mix of meringue and lemon curd served with graham crackers or cookies.
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip: This decadent cheesecake dip is topped with sweetened cherry filling. It’s delicious served with graham crackers.
- Cannoli Dip: Ideal for cannoli lovers, this dip mimics the flavor of delicious cannolis and is fantastic with waffle cones or graham crackers.
- S’mores Dip: Combining the flavors of campfire s’mores, this dip is a crowd-pleaser with graham crackers and mini marshmallows.
- Peppermint Fluff Dip: Light and airy, this dip is like eating a cloud and goes splendidly with a medley of fresh fruit.
How to Make Easy Caramel Apple Dip
Step 1 – Make the cream cheese layer. In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and the caramel sauce. We use a hand mixer set on high to whisk everything together until it’s well combined.
Step 2 – Fold in the Cool Whip. Using a rubber spatula, fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
Step 3 – Finish it off and let it set. Spread the cream cheese mixture into a 11×7 inch dish or pan. Once it is spread out, top with the caramel sauce and chopped nuts.
Finally, cover with plastic wrap and then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
A Variety of Toppings
Enhancing the presentation of your sweet dip is a fantastic way to change things up. Here are some simple options for toppings to add a touch of flair and flavor to your caramel apple dip or any sweet dip of your choice:
Remember, the key is to balance flavors and textures while making your sweet dip visually appealing. Experiment with different combinations to find the garnish that best complements your dip and suits the occasion.
Whether you’re serving it at a party, family gathering, or enjoying a cozy night in, these garnishes will elevate your sweet dip presentation to the next level.
- Chopped Nuts: For a delightful crunch and a burst of nutty goodness, consider topping your dip with finely chopped nuts. Pecans, walnuts, almonds, or even pistachios can add a sophisticated texture and flavor.
- Sprinkles: Bright and colorful sprinkles can bring a playful and festive touch to your sweet dip. Choose sprinkles that complement the dip’s flavor or go with a rainbow assortment for a cheerful presentation.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Mini chocolate chips add a delightful hint of chocolatey goodness to your dip. They melt in your mouth and pair beautifully with creamy dips.
- Crushed Cookies: Crushed cookies like Oreos, graham crackers, or chocolate sandwich cookies can create a delightful cookie crumble topping. It’s a sweet and slightly crunchy addition that’s sure to please.
- Toasted Coconut Flakes: Toasted coconut flakes not only add a tropical twist but also provide a lovely contrast in texture. They’re especially appealing with fruit-flavored dips.
- Fresh Fruit Slices: Thinly sliced fruits, such as strawberries or banana rounds, can be arranged artfully around the dip. They not only enhance the presentation but also offer an additional dipping option.
- Caramel Drizzle: To double down on the caramel goodness, drizzle a bit of caramel sauce over the top. It adds a beautiful glossy finish and an extra layer of sweetness.
- Whipped Cream: A dollop of whipped cream is always a delightful sight. It adds a light and airy element to your presentation, and you can dust it with cocoa powder or cinnamon for extra flair.
- Powdered Sugar: A light dusting of powdered sugar can give your sweet dip a touch of elegance. It’s simple yet effective for presentation.
- Toffee Bits: These tasty, crunchy pieces of Heath Bar are the perfect addition to a dessert dip. The small Heath bits add a great texture to a smooth and silky dip.
What Kind of Caramel to Use
You need two kinds of caramel for this. For the runnier caramel sauce, we used Smucker’s caramel sauce. This is easy to mix in and adds to the flavor.
For the top, we used a thicker caramel that is spreadable but not runny. We used Marzetti caramel dip.
You can usually find the dip consistency caramel in the produce section with other products for making candy apples. When using dip, you can heat it for 15 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
What to Serve With It?
Well, obviously you need to serve apple slices – red, green, yellow, doesn’t matter. Pick your favorite!
Green granny smith apples are nice and tart. The red apples are sweet and crisp. You can use red delicious to go with the traditional caramel apple theme, but honey crisp, pink lady, fuji, and gala apples are amazing too!
If you want to add other dippers, strawberries and graham crackers are a great choice. You could also add pretzels, Nilla wafers, or ginger snaps to the plate too.
How to Store It
You can make this up to 2 days ahead of time. When you do, make sure you cover it tightly and then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Refrigeration is Key: After you’ve prepared your Caramel Apple Dip and enjoyed some delightful dipping, it’s crucial to store any leftovers in the refrigerator. This dip contains dairy products like cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk, which are perishable and need to be kept cold.
Cover It Up: To prevent any unwanted odors from infiltrating your dip and to keep it from drying out, cover the dish with plastic wrap or a tightly fitting lid. This also helps maintain the dip’s creamy texture.
Label and Date: If you’re storing the dip for more than a day, it’s a good practice to label the container with the date you made it. This way, you can easily keep track of its freshness.
Keep It Fresh: Try to consume your Caramel Apple Dip within 3-4 days of making it. While it will still be safe to eat after that, the texture and flavor might start to degrade over time.
Looking for More Easy Dessert Recipe?
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- No Bake Haystack Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Tart
- Frozen Strawberry Pie
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Easy Microwave Fudge
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- More dessert recipes…
Caramel Apple Dip
- 16 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces Sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces Caramel sauce
- 4 ounces Cool whip
- 6 ounces Caramel dip
- 2 ounces Chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and the caramel sauce. Use a hand mixer on high to whisk everything together until well combined.
- Gently fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in an 11×7 inch dish.
- Top with caramel dip and chopped nuts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.