Caramel Apple Dip
Caramel apple dip gives you all of the flavors of the classic fall treat. Layers of sweetened cream cheese, thick caramel, and chopped nuts makes a delicious, no bake caramel dessert dip for apples.
This caramel apple dip is the perfect fall dessert. This dip turns caramel apples into a shareable dessert perfect for any fall occasion from Halloween parties to Thanksgiving!
I LOVE dessert dips, they are super easy to make and totally delicious. We have made them in all sorts of flavors, cherry cheesecake dip, pumpkin pie dip, lemon meringue dip, and cannoli dip. This version gives you all that caramel apple goodness without the hassle of dipping apples! It has layers of sweetened cream cheese that taste just like cheesecake, and it’s topped with thick caramel and a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
Scoop it up on an apple slice and you’ll never eat caramel apples the same again :).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For a this sweet fall dip, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese – We use full fat, regular cream cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Caramel – You’ll need both a sauce and dip. We use Smucker’s brand caramel for the sauce but you can use whatever brand you prefer. You’re looking for the caramel sauce that you put on your ice cream. The dip is for on top, so you want it to be thicker than the sauce. We use a caramel apple dip that is usually found in the produce section.
- Cool Whip – You really need to use Cool Whip or a generic equivalent. Aerosol versions of whip cream won’t hold up well.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Really no great substitute for this since it adds some extra texture and sweetness to the dip.
- Chopped peanuts – These add some nice crunch and texture to the dip. Peanuts are traditionally on caramel apples but if you prefer pecans or walnuts they are delicious too!
Step 1 – Make the cream cheese mixture. In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and the caramel sauce. We use a hand mixer set on high to whisk everything together until it’s well combined.
Step 2 – Fold in the Cool Whip. Using a rubber spatula, fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
Step 3 – Finish it off and let it set. Spread the cream cheese mixture into a 11×7 inch dish or pan. Once it is spread out, top with the caramel sauce and chopped nuts.
Finally, cover with plastic wrap and then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
What Kind of Caramel to Use
You need two kinds of caramel for this. For the runnier caramel sauce, we used Smucker’s caramel sauce. This is easy to mix in and adds to the flavor.
For the top, we used a thicker caramel that is spreadable but not runny. We used Marzetti caramel dip.
You can usually find the dip consistency caramel in the produce section with other products for making candy apples. When using dip, you can heat it for 15 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
What to Serve With It?
Well, obviously you need to serve apples – red, green, yellow, doesn’t matter. Pick your favorite!
Green apples are nice and tart. The red apples are sweet and crisp. You can use red delicious to go with the traditional caramel apple theme, but honey crisp, fuji, and gala apples are amazing too!
If you want to add other dippers, strawberries and graham crackers are a great choice. You could also add pretzels, Nilla wafers, or ginger snaps to the plate too.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
You can make this up to 2 days ahead of time. When you do, make sure you cover it tightly and then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Looking for More Easy Dessert Recipe?
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- No Bake Haystack Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Tart
- Frozen Strawberry Pie
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Easy Microwave Fudge
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- More dessert recipes…
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Caramel Apple Dip
- 16 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces Sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces Caramel sauce
- 4 ounces Cool whip
- 6 ounces Caramel dip
- 2 ounces Chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and the caramel sauce. Use a hand mixer on high to whisk everything together until well combined.
- Gently fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in an 11×7 inch dish.
- Top with caramel dip and chopped nuts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Check the ingredient list – Caramel dip is listed twice and the condensed milk is missing.
Thank you so much for noticing and taking the time to let us know! I’ve updated the recipe to show the sweetened condensed milk. There are two types of caramel, a sauce (thinner consistency) and a dip (thicker) used in the recipe. We give a few tips on what to look for at the grocery store in the post.
I make something similar to this and my kids ask for it year after year. It’s such a good dip.