Asparagus Two Ways – Quick Dinner Ideas
It’s asparagus season! Everyone is posting their asparagus recipes so we thought we would share two super quick and easy (but still delicious!) recipes that everyone in the family will enjoy.
Melinda: For my recipe I used sliced honey baked ham and sharp cheddar from the deli that I already had in my fridge. You can use just about any deli meat and cheese you have handy. Lay one slice of ham out and top it with a cheese slice (I used two since I love cheese). Place 4-6 asparagus in the center and then wrap it. I laid the rolls on a greased (I used Pam) aluminum foil-lined cookie sheet and baked at 350 for 15 minutes. Don’t forget to preheat the oven 🙂
Baked Ham and Cheese Asparagus
- 32 spears Asparagus
- 8 slices Honey baked ham
- 8 slices Sharp cheddar, (or any other deli cheese you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lay one slice of ham out and top it with a cheese slice (or two).
- Place 4 asparagus spears in the center of the ham and cheese and wrap it.
- Lay the rolls on a greased, aluminum foil-lined, cookie sheet and baked at 350 F for 15 minutes.
Kat: I made a simple wrapped asparagus that doesn’t require any cooking other than steaming the asparagus, and can be served cold or at room temperature. It is a perfect recipe for party buffets, quick lunches or no fuss dinners.
All you need is deli sliced roast beef (I used 1 lb.), 1 bunch of asparagus, cream cheese and mayonnaise. First, you’ll need to steam the asparagus. I take the lazy way and dampen a paper towel and wrap it around my asparagus, then put it in the microwave for 3-5 minutes. The asparagus comes out perfect and I don’t have to wait for water to boil or wash any pots! When it comes out of the microwave I run it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
While the asparagus is steaming mix 2 Tbsp of mayo with 2 oz. of cream cheese in a bowl.
When your asparagus is ready lay slice of roast beef down on your cutting board and put a light coating of the mixture on it, then place 1-3 spears of asparagus on the roast beef and roll it up. It’s that simple but I promise you it is delicious! I make a bunch and put it in the fridge, then I can just grab a few rolls for dinner or to pack in my lunch.
Asparagus Roast Beef Roll-ups
- 1 lb Deli Roast beef
- 24 spears Asparagus
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Steam the asparagus. Dampen a paper towel and wrap it around the asparagus. Put it in the microwave for 3-5 minutes. When it is done run it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- While the asparagus is steaming mix mayonnaise with cream cheese in a bowl.
- When the asparagus is ready lay a slice of roast beef down on your cutting board and spread a light coating of the cream cheese mixture on it.
- Place 1-2 spears of asparagus on the roast beef and roll it up. Repeat process until you have about 12 rolls.
Enjoy the recipes!