Honey Dijon Dressing
Make this simple but delicious homemade honey mustard dressing for your salad with just a handful of ingredients!
This honey mustard dressing will have you using it on everything! It’s not just amazing on your favorite salad, but also makes a wonderful dipping sauce. From chicken wings to sliced veggies, you can use this honey mustard dressing for just about anything!
With just a few simple ingredients and super simple instructions, you cannot go wrong with this dressing. Your family will be devouring green salads with gusto in no time!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Dijon Mustard – Sharp, and spicy you really want to use Dijon mustard for this recipe.
- Honey – It’s what adds that simple sweetness to your honey mustard!
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Gives your dressing an added tang! You can also substitute with lemon juice if you prefer a more citrus flavor to your dressing.
- Olive oil – A good extra virgin olive oil will really add some flavor.
- Salt and black pepper – We’ll give you a base amount, but feel free to add more or less to your own tastes.
You can also consider adding a little garlic to your dressing to give it an extra kick!
How to Make Honey Dijon Dressing
Step 1 – Combine ingredients – Combine all your ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until well blended.
Substitute for Dijon Dressing
You definitely want to use Dijon mustard for this recipe. It’s mild flavor goes perfectly with the sweet honey and the smooth texture gives you a nice, creamy dressing. If don’t have any Dijon on hand, the best substitute for is stoneground mustard. It has a similar flavor profile and will taste very similar to the Dijon dressing.
You do not want to use yellow mustard for this dressing. Yellow mustard is made with a different type of mustard seed and is not a good substitute for this recipe.
How to Use Honey Mustard Dressing
But this isn’t just a salad dressing. You can also use it as a dip or sauce for a delicious chicken dish! Try it with our crispy cornflake chicken or chicken wings or use it as a condiment for burgers, sandwiches, or wraps.
How to Store It
You will want to store your dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to use. We suggest a half pint mason jar . Make sure the lid seals tightly.
You can store your honey Dijon dressing in fridge for 2-3 weeks. You will want to give it a good shake before using.
Looking for More Dressing Recipes?
- Southwest Salad Dressing
- Citrus Dressing
- Homemade Vinaigrette
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Mango Chutney Dressing
- Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing
Honey Dijon Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until well blended.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Will last for up to 1 month.