Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops
Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops are tender, juicy boneless pork chops that are cooked to perfection in just 9 minutes! These BBQ pork chops are easy to make and are perfect for every occasion!
If I didn’t love my air fryer before, cooking pork chops in the air fryer would have made me a believer! These air fryer BBQ pork chops are perfectly tender and juicy!
When I cook pork chops in the oven, I always worry about drying them out but with the air fryer they come out perfectly cooked every time.
This BBQ pork chop recipe is great because it is easy to prep with simple instructions, and only takes minutes to cook, making it great for weeknight dinners!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Boneless pork chops – fresh, not frozen, and approximately 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil – EVOO brings out the flavor of meat when cooking.
- Brown Sugar – for a hint of sweetness that compliments pork so well.
- Spices – you’ll need chili powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt.
- Barbecue sauce – We have a great recipe for homemade BBQ sauce or you can use your favorite!
We use a Cosori 5.8 Qt air fryer for all of our air fryer recipes.
How to Cook BBQ Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
Step 1 – Make spice rub. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Stir together until well blended.
Step 2 – Prepare pork chops. Brush the pork chops with a light coating of olive oil and then rub your spice mix into them, coating both sides.
Step 3 – Preheat air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Step 4 – Add chops to fryer. — Working in batches place your pork chops in the air fryer basket. Note: Do not stack the pork chops! Place them side-by-side in the basket.
Step 5 – Cook, flip, cook. Set the timer to 9 minutes and start cooking the pork chops. Halfway through, pause the timer and remove the basket. Flip the pork chops over, replace the basket, and restart timer.
Step 6 – Remove and rest. When done, check the internal temperature to ensure that it is 145 degrees F, then remove the pork chops from the air fryer. Let the pork chops rest for 3 minutes.
Step 7 – Add sauce and enjoy. Pour the BBQ sauce on the pork chops and serve.
If you love BBQ pork as much as we do make sure to try our BBQ pulled pork sliders and Instant Pot pulled pork too!
How Long Does It Take Pork Chops to Cook in the Air Fryer?
Here are some guidelines so you can know what to expect, but please remember air fryers can vary. Always make sure to check with an instant read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- 1/2 inch thick – 9 minutes
- 1 inch thick – 10-11 minutes
- 1.5 – 2 inches thick – 11-13 minutes
- Bone-in pork chops – Our times are based on boneless pork chops. Bone-in pork chops take slightly longer to cook so add 1 minute to the time.
What Temperature Do I Cook Air Fried Pork Chops?
For fresh, not frozen, BBQ pork chops you will want to cook them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 9 minutes.
However, as we said before, each air fryer is different. The temperature will always be 375 degrees F, but the time may vary. Make sure you are checking the internal temperature of your porkchops before serving. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees F.
How Can You Tell If Porkchops Are Done?
There are three ways to tell if your air fryer pork chops are done.
- Thermometer – This is the best and most reliable way to ensure your chops are ready. Using an instant read meat thermometer, stick into thickest part of the meat. The temperature should be 145 degrees F. If you’re cooking a bone-in pork chop, make sure the thermometer doesn’t touch the bone or you may get a false reading.
- Touch – A fully cooked pork chop should feel firm, but not hard, with just a little bit of give. If it’s hard and no give, it’s overdone.
- Test cut – Cut a small slice into the center of one of your chops. The juices should run clear, and the meat should have a white color (a little hint of pink is ok). This is our least favorite way of checking, as the juices continue to leak out. If you need to keep cooking, those juices are important and if you lose too much it can result in a dry pork chop.
What Goes With BBQ Pork Chops?
Most everything goes with air fryer BBQ pork chops. You have your standards such as mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and corn on the cob, but you may want to try something different. We have a few suggestions, depending on where you’re serving your pork chops.
Whatever you decide, these easy BBQ pork chops will be a smash!
Looking for More Pork Chop Recipes?
- Sheet Pan Spicy BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Baked Ranch Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- Apple Pecan Stuffed Pork Chops
Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, brown sugar, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Stir together.
- Brush the pork chops with a light coating of olive oil and then rub your spice mix into them on both sides.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Working in batches place your pork chops in the airy fryer basket. Do not stack the pork chops, place them side-by-side.
- Set the timer to 9 minutes. Start cooking the pork chops.
- Halfway through pause the timer and remove the basket, flipping the pork chops over. Replace the basket and restart timer.
- When done check the internal temperature to ensure that it is 145 degrees F and then remove the pork chops from the air fryer and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Pour the approximately 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce on each pork chop (or as much as you like!) and serve.