Keto Avocado Coleslaw
This delicious, creamy, Avocado Coleslaw uses no mayonnaise, and is a sugar-free, low carb, keto side dish that makes a great addition to summer parties.
Avocado coleslaw is light, and creamy and so much fresher tasting than the usual coleslaw. It has a bright burst of flavor from the lime juice, and the velvety, creamy texture of the avocado is so much better than mayonnaise. It’s always a huge hit at summer parties and it makes a great keto side dish for those guests who are cutting back on carbs.
What is in Avocado Coleslaw?
This creamy slaw recipe uses no mayonnaise! It is made with a simple avocado dressing made from ripe, avocado mashed with some sour cream, lime juice, and salt, then stirred into a cabbage coleslaw mix.
Sometimes I make the coleslaw myself, cutting up the cabbage into thin pieces, but when I want to save time, or have to make a lot at once, I just buy a bag of coleslaw mix at the store.
How to Make Avocado Coleslaw:
This keto coleslaw can be made in 3 easy steps
- Place peeled and pitted avocado, sour cream, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl and mash together until creamy.
- Add coleslaw to a large bowl and mix in the avocado dressing. Toss until well mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to Keep Avocado From Turning Brown?
I often make this keto coleslaw at the beginning of the week so I can have it as a quick snack or a simple side dish throughout the week. To keep the avocado from turning brown all you have to do is press some plastic wrap down against the top of the coleslaw before putt a lid on the container. This keeps the air from reaching the avocado and making it turn.
If you’re serving it at a party you can place a little plastic wrap over it once everyone has had their first serving. That way if it is sitting out for a couple of hours it will stay fresh.
What to Serve Avocado Coleslaw With:
Keto Avocado Coleslaw
- 16 ounces Coleslaw mix, or shredded cabbage
- 2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3-4 tablespoon Lime Juice, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Mash avocado with sour cream, lime juice and salt.
- Stir mixture into coleslaw.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
Updated: This recipe was originally published on 8/25/2015. It was updated on 5/3/2019 with new photos.