Buffalo Chicken Salad
Buffalo chicken salad takes classic chicken salad to the next level. Whether you are going to a potluck and want to bring something different or just want an easy keto lunch all week, this low carb dish will satisfy your taste buds.
This buffalo chicken salad takes the spicy, cheesy flavors of our crock pot buffalo chicken dip and combines it with the creamy, comforting flavors of chicken salad. You’re never going back to traditional chicken salad.
We’ve always loved all things buffalo chicken from the classic buffalo chicken wings that we make in our air fryer, and buffalo chicken sliders, to spicy buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers, and keto buffalo chicken cauliflower casserole.
Whether you are making it for an easy keto lunch idea or quick weeknight dinner or you’re spreading it between two pieces of bread for the perfect sandwich filling or serving it on crackers or celery sticks. It’s an awesome appetizer or main dish for potlucks and parties.
If you want to try some more chicken salad recipes that we’ve taken up a notch make sure to try our curry chicken salad and avocado chicken salad too!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Everything you’ll need and some substitution ideas are listed below:
- Cooked chicken breast – You can use rotisserie chicken or canned chicken to save time. If you want, you can bake, saute, or grill a chicken breast and season with simple ingredients like salt and pepper or use ranch seasoning, buffalo seasoning, or your favorite seasoning spices for added flavor.
- Mayonnaise – To make it keto, use regular mayo. Otherwise, you can use low fat or ones made with olive oil.
- Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce – We love Frank’s, but if you find it too hot or like another hot sauce, you can use that instead. There are a ton of mild to hot buffalo sauces you can choose from.
- Ranch seasoning – You can use our homemade ranch seasoning or buy this ranch seasoning, we can usually find it at our local grocery store, Target or Walmart in the salad dressing aisle.
- Celery – This adds some crunch and cooling effect to the salad. It is also keto friendly so you should not have an issue with using it.
- Cheddar cheese – You can use cheddar or your favorite variety of shredded cheese. We highly recommend shredding the cheese yourself verses buying a pre-shredded cheese, especially if you are eating keto because pre-packaged shredded cheese often has some additives that help it keep from sticking together.
- Optional – While it’s not a part of the recipe, if you like blue cheese with your buffalo chicken you can sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over it before serving.
Step 1 – Mix the dressing. Add the mayo, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning to a large bowl and stir until fully combined.
Step 2 – Mix in the chicken. Once the dressing is well-incorporated, stir in the chicken until well coated.
Step 3 – Fold in the cheese. Gently fold in the cheese and celery until it is mixed in with the chicken.
Step 4 – Serve or store. You can serve the salad immediately or store in the fridge until you are ready for it. This makes a great lunch for several days that is super easy to grab and go.
Is it Keto?
Yes! This is a keto friendly meal. It has about 1 gram of carbs per 5 ounce serving. The mayo adds the fat to balance out the protein from the chicken. The celery gives you a nice crunch with every bite and adds some fiber without adding a bunch of carbs.
You can serve it on its own, as part of a lettuce wrap, or over a salad for a perfect lunch or dinner. Of course, if you are not keeping keto, it tastes great on buns, in a wrap, or with toast.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
Talk about the perfect meal to make ahead for a week’s worth of lunches. All you have to do is follow the recipe instructions and then store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week!
Looking for More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball
- Buffalo Chicken Cups
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Mango Chicken Salad
- Turmeric Chicken Salad
- Spicy Southwest Salad
- Blackened Chicken
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- More Chicken Recipes…
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 24 ounces Cooked chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- 2 ounces Celery, sliced
- 3 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning to a large bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Add chicken to the mayonnaise mixture and stir until well coated.
- Fold in the celery and cheddar cheese gently until it is mixed into the chicken.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.