This Keto Cream Cheese Frosting is a low carb frosting recipe that makes the perfect topping for all of your low carb baking.
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
Everyone needs a little treat now and then, even if you are eating low carb. This easy Keto Cream Cheese Frosting only takes a few minutes to make and it’s sugar-free and LCHF so you don’t have to feel guilty when you indulge!
Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes, and this low carb Keto Cream Cheese Frosting goes perfectly with…you guessed it…my Low Carb Carrot Cake Cupcakes!
Grab everything you need, throw it in a mixer and you’ll have creamy, delicious, LOW CARB cream cheese frosting in no time. Seriously guys, I could eat this stuff with a spoon, and it’s less than 1 Net Carb per serving!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What Ingredients are in Keto Cream Cheese Frosting?
- Cream Cheese
- Swerve Confectioners – This is an erythritol sugar substitute with the consistency of powdered sugar. This is my preferred brand but if you choose to use another just make sure it is a confectioners sugar substitute and not granulated.
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Keto Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a mixer with the whisk attachment, combine cream cheese and butter creaming them together.
- Add the vanilla and the salt combining them with the cream cheese mixture.
- Add Swerve confectioners 1 cup at a time whisking together with the cream cheese mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
Tips for Making Keto Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Make sure your cream cheese and butter is room temperature. It will whip together better for a smooth and creamy frosting.
- Use a full fat cream cheese, not a reduced fat or no fat version which will contain more liquid and may make your frosting runny.
How Long Can You Store Cream Cheese Frosting?
This Keto Cream Cheese Frosting can be left out on the counter in a cool room either by itself or on cakes and cupcakes, for up to 8 hours. It can also be stored int he refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for 1 month.
Make sure to bring to room temperature before using for a better consistency.
KETO CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Low Carb board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- ½ cup Butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Swerve confectioners sweetener
In a mixer with the whisk attachment, combine cream cheese and butter creaming them together.
Add the vanilla and the salt combining them with the cream cheese mixture.
Add Swerve confectioners 1 cup at a time whisking together with the cream cheese mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
Less than 1 NET CARB per serving