Lasagna French Bread Pizza
This Lasagna French Bread Pizza recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that has all of the flavors of a lasagna dinner.
Who doesn’t love lasagna?! Layers of noodles, sauce, beef, and cheese baked together until it is ooey gooey and delicious. Serve it with a slice of homemade garlic bread and you’ve got dinner. This amazing Lasagna French Bread Pizza recipe takes all of those flavors and serves them to you on a crispy french bread pizza crust.
This Lasagna French Bread Pizza was inspired from a slice of pizza I had when Melinda and I went on a girls’ trip up to New York for her birthday. We stopped in this little pizza shop around the corner from our hotel and I picked out an interesting slice of pizza. It was their lasagna pizza and OMG was it good. As soon as we got back home I started working on my own version. I love any kind of pizza but I think french bread pizzas recipes are the most fun. They are super simple to make and that thick, crispy, french bread crust is made to be piled high with your favorite pizza toppings.
Since I wanted to make it taste like a lasagna dinner I spread rich, creamy garlic butter over my french bread halves and baked them for a few minutes to make garlic bread. Baking the bread before the toppings went on helped ensure that it stayed crispy even after all of the toppings went on. I topped the garlic french bread slices with delicious meat sauce made with ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, and my favorite pasta sauce. Then I topped it with dollops of ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of fresh mozzarella. The great thing about a french bread pizza is that there is no right or wrong way to do it. If you want more sauce, more meat, more cheese, do it! If your mom always added some special ingredient to her lasagna sauce go for it. Take this Lasagna French Bread Pizza and give it all of the flavors of your favorite lasagna!
Lasagna French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 c Pasta Sauce
- 1 c Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Set oven to BROIL.
- Slice french bread in half lengthwise and then cut each half in half again so you have 4 slices of french bread. Place slices on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix butter and garlic powder together.
- Spread garlic butter on french bread slices and place in the oven to broil for 5 minutes or until edges begin to brown and butter is melted.
- Remove bread from oven and set aside.
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet brown ground beef and drain grease.
- Add beef back to skillet and add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, Italian seasoning, and pasta sauce. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat sauce onto the french bread slices.
- Add dollops of ricotta cheese over the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each slice of pizza.
- Bake the french bread pizza slices in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until french bread is crisp and mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
This easy Lasagna French Bread Pizza has all of the flavors of a lasagna dinner in every bite. Make it for an easy weeknight dinner or to feed a crowd on game day!
If you love french bread pizza make sure you check out our French Bread Pizza Sticks!