Mini Lasagna Rolls
These Mini Lasagna Rolls are filled with lemon ricotta and topped with a fresh tomato sauce.
The winter holidays have always been my favorite but I think I like them even more now that I’m a food blogger. I was never able to have enough parties to try out all of the recipes I came up with before and now I get to sit around and think about food and dream up yummy flavor combinations to share with you guys! Today we have Mini Lasagna Rolls.
I was inspired by my love for Lasagna Rollups and Bite Size Appetizers. The result was these amazing Mini Lasagna Rolls, or as I like to call them, Adorable Bites of Lasagna Goodness. Is it normal to think that food it cute? Because guys, I really don’t know how else to describe these! I just want to dunk them in some sauce and eat all of them. This may or may not be exactly what happened.
The lasagna rolls themselves were pretty easy to make. You just cook lasagna noodles, let them cook, and then cut them in half widthwise. Next you spread the filling on each noddle, leaving just a little exposed noodle at the end. Roll the noodle up starting with the end that has filling on it and ending with the bit of noodle you left bare. Once all of your noodles are rolled up cut them in half again. That will leave you with two bite size lasagna rolls. Place all of your rolls in a casserole dish with a little sauce and a little mozzarella cheese on top and cover the dish with foil. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
Now, I know you’re sitting there thinking, “Yes, they are adorable but ain’t nobody got time for that!” These little lasagna appetizers are twice as good because not only are they easy to make, you can make them ahead of time and freeze them until you are ready to use them. If you want to freeze them just follow all of the directions right up to it is time to put them in the oven, instead put them in an airtight container, separating them with wax paper so they don’t stick together, and put them in the freezer until you are ready to use them. Just give them a little longer in the oven, 30 minutes, to make sure they cook all the way through.
Your family and friends are going to Ooo and Ahhh over this adorable appetizer and I promise you there aren’t going to be any leftovers. If there are please let me know and I’ll be right over! 😉
Mini Lasagna Rolls
- 2 cup Whole milk ricotta
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh thyme leaves, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl mix all of the filling ingredients together.
- Lay the cooked noodles out and cut each one in half widthwise.
- Spread the filling on each noodle half leaving about an inch at one end.
- Beginning from the end with the filling roll the noodle up.
- Cut the rolled noodle in half widthwise.
- Place the noodles in a casserole dish with a small amount of sauce in the bottom.
- Place a small scoop of sauce on top of each roll and top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 min or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a bowl of sauce for dipping.