One Pot Jambalaya
We partnered with Minute® Rice to bring you this spicy One Pot Jambalaya recipe that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
For dinner last week, in celebration of Mardi Gras, I made a big pot of spicy Jambalaya. Big pieces of andouille sausage, and chicken cooked together with pepper, onions, Cajun spices, and rice. It was so good! Not only did it taste amazing, it also only took one pot and less than 20 minutes to make with a little help from some Minute® Rice.
This is one of my guy’s favorite meals but for some reason I always think of it as something that takes a long time to make. When he asked for it for Fat Tuesday I started trying to work out a way to make it easier, and faster, to make. Enter Minute Rice, it is a pantry staple for us and the Minute® White Rice only takes 5 minutes to cook, and Minute® Brown Rice and Minute® Multi-Grain Medley only take 10 minutes. That makes them perfect for a quick one pot meal. I don’t know why I had never thought of it before!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that we may be compensated if you click a link and purchase something. Thank you!
The recipe is really simple, grab a big pan and cook your veggies in it until they have softened.
Then add your chicken and sausage pieces and cook them until they are almost completely done.
Then add your crushed tomatoes, spices, and a little chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Once it is bubbling add your Minute Rice. You can use Minute White Rice, Minute Brown Rice, and Minute Multi-grain medley. Minute White Rice is the most traditional, followed but Minute Brown Rice, if you like a nutty, rich flavor, but don’t overlook the Minute Multi-Grain Medley, it has four gluten-free, 100% whole grains, including long grain brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa. All 3 varieties are gluten free and non GMO so there is no wrong choice. Stir in your rice, cover the pan, and turn it down to a simmer. Let that cook for 5 or 10 minutes, depending on the Minute Rice you chose, and you have a complete meal in 20 minutes or less.
It was delicious! Spicy, smokey, and full of flavor. It was so easy to make, even on a busy weeknight, that I’ve been told I no longer have any excuse for not making it more often!
One Pot Jambalaya
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cup Green bell pepper, or a mix of red, yellow, and green!, diced (approximately 1 large bell pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces Chicken breasts, cubed
- 12 ounces Smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 28 ounces Crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups Minute® Rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning, to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper and continue to cook until the vegetables soften.
- Add the chicken and andouille sausage, cook until done.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and Creole seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cover for 5-10 minutes (follow cook time for the variety of Minute Rice you chose).
Now that I know a one pot meal with Minute Rice is so easy I’ve got so many weeknight dinner recipes I want to make. Stay tuned!
For recipe ideas and special offers from Minute Rice sent straight to your inbox, join The Riceipe Club® by signing up HERE.
Looking for other easy Minute Rice Recipes? Check these out…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.