3 Ingredient Keto Mug Cake
Easy 3 ingredient keto mug cake lets you enjoy a rich, single serving treat guilt free. Satisfy your sweet tooth while sticking to your low carb lifestyle.
Sweets are seriously our weakness. We both love indulging but we’d prefer to keep our treats on the lighter side most of the year.
With this easy recipe, you can get a single serving of chocolate cake you’ll love. And you can enjoy the rich flavor guilt free since it fits easily into any low carb diet.
Better yet? It’s so easy to make with only a few ingredients and no baking required.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
You literally only need 3 ingredients to make this easy dessert. You probably already have these ingredients on hand:
- Binder – You‘ll need a single egg to help give the cake texture.
- Sweetener – Since this is a keto cake, we use Swerve granulated sweetener. If you prefer, you can use your favorite low carb granulated sweetener.
- Cocoa Powder – Just a couple of scoops of unsweetened cocoa powder will give you a super chocolatey flavor!
Step 1 – Prepare the mug. Get out your favorite, ceramic 8 ounce mug. Lightly spray the inside with non-stick spray or rub some butter all over the inside. Set aside.
Step 2 – Make the batter. In a small bowl, add the egg, sweetener, and cocoa powder. Whisk the ingredients until they are fully combined.
Step 3 – “Bake” the cake. Place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for 45 seconds. Carefully remove the mug from the microwave.
Step 4 – Toppings. Toppings are up to you but I highly recommend them! Just make sure you aren’t adding too many additional carbs. I like to add a sprinkling of Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips as soon as the cake comes out of the microwave so they melt on top.
You can also top the mug with your favorite keto syrup or homemade whipped cream.
Is It Healthy?
No cake is exactly healthy, but this three ingredient cake does not contain any flour. It is very low in carbs, which make it a great keto-friendly way to indulge your sweet tooth. It’s the perfect way to have your cake and keto too.
What Chocolate Can You Have on the Keto Diet?
You can eat unsweetened chocolate, such as baker’s chocolate, or high quality dark chocolate with 70% cacao or higher.
You can also find chocolate chips and chocolate bars that have been sweetened with artificial sweeteners such as Lily’s chocolate. Just make sure you check the nutritional information to check the number of NET CARBS per serving.
When looking at the labels you will want to subtract the fiber and the sugar alcohols from the total carbs to get net carbs. If you want to learn more about new carbs check out this article.
More Keto Toppings
Looking for topping ideas? Here are some of my favorites:
- Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Homemade whipped cream using heavy cream and powdered low carb sweetener
- low carb chocolate syrup
- caramel sauce
- hazelnut spread
- a small scoop of our Keto peanut butter mousse
- fresh fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries
Keto Mug Cake
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Swerve granulated sweetener
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- Prepare an 8 ounce mug by lightly spraying it with non-stick spray or rubbing the inside with butter.
- In a small bowl combine the egg, sweetener, and cocoa powder, Whisk together until fully combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the mug.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and top with your favorite low carb toppings.