Portuguese Chickpea Salad – Salada de Grao de Bico
Salada de Grao de Bico is a delicious Portuguese Chickpea Salad. Chickpeas, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and parsley are tossed with oil and vinegar to make an amazing salad that is perfect for potlucks!
Portuguese Chickpea Salad
Salada de Grao de Bico is one of those Portuguese recipes that everyone’s family makes just a little bit different. It is a simple chickpea salad tossed with herbs, vegetables, and a simple mixture of oil and vinegar. I love this simple side dish so today I’m sharing with you my version of Portuguese Chickpea Salad made with red bell peppers, onions, garlic, parsley, and of course, chickpeas.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
How to Make Salada de Grao de Bico – Portuguese Chickpea Salad
- In a large bowl add drained and rinsed chickpeas, diced onions, diced red bell peppers, finely minced garlic, and finely minced parsley.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Pour the oil and vinegar over the ingredients in the bowl and toss them together until everything is well coated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
That’s a super simple chickpea salad right? It’s great for potlucks, or a quick, healthy, lunch or dinner. In fact, lots of people add tuna to it to make into a complete meal. Like I said every Portuguese family has their own way of making chickpea salad so feel free to play around with it a little. I have seen basil used instead of parsley, and tomatoes used instead of bell peppers. Despite all of the minor differences in this recipe one thing every one of my Portuguese friends agreed on is, it’s delicious!
Want more easy Portuguese recipes?
- Portuguese Rice Pudding – Arroz Doce
- Portuguese Shrimp Turnovers – Portuguese Rissóis de Camarão
- Portuguese Potato and Kale Soup – Caldo Verde
- Portuguese Biscuit Cake – Bolo de Bolacha
SALADA DE GRAO DE BICO – PORTUGUESE CHICKPEA SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your NAME board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Portuguese Chickpea Salad - Salada de Grao de Bico
- 30 ounces Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl toss together chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, garlic and parsley.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil and vinegar.
- Dress salad with oil and vinegar and toss ingredients to coat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.