Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus
This Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus is an easy one pan chicken and veggies recipe that makes a healthy dinner in under 30 minutes!
Quick and easy dinners like this sheet pan chicken makes getting dinner on the table on busy weeknights so much easier. All you need is a sheet pan, a few simple ingredients, and 30 minutes to make a healthy dinner for the family.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken tenders – I use chicken tenderloins because they are a more uniform size so they cook evenly and they are small so they can cook in the same amount of time as the asparagus. If you use chicken breast instead you may want to slice it in half to make two thin breasts depending on how thick the chicken breast is.
- Asparagus – I love the bright, fresh flavor os asparagus and it cooks really quickly in the oven so it finishes at the same time as the chicken tenders.
- Lemons – Fresh lemon goes perfectly with both chicken and asparagus. I love a little squeeze of it over my veggies in any dish.
- Lemon Pepper – You can find lemon pepper in the spice aisle at the grocery store. It adds a nice bright flavor to the chicken. If you can’t find it in your area you can substitute with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Kosher salt – I like to use Kosher salt for seasoning meat and vegetables because the larger, slightly flat flakes stick to everything nicely.
- Olive oil – a little olive oil ensure that everything cooks evenly and keeps it from sticking to the pan.
- Parmesan cheese – This is the finishing touch and it goes perfectly with the lemon!
Step 1 – Prepare oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
Step 2 – Add ingredients to pan. Slice lemons into rounds and place the slices on a greased baking sheet. Place asparagus and chicken tenders over the slices of lemon.
Step 3 – Season. Drizzle everything with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Sprinkle the chicken tenders with lemon pepper.
Step 4 – Bake. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. You will know it is done when the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Step 5 – Serve. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Can You Cook Raw Chicken and Vegetables in the Same Pan?
Yes! This is perfectly safe to do as long as you cook both the chicken and the vegetables until they are completely done (the chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F) .
What Other Veggies Can You Use?
I love asparagus, especially with lemon, because it cooks very quickly so combined with chicken tenders everything is ready in 15 – 20 minutes. That being said you can use other vegetables or a mix of vegetable if you prefer.
Try these veggies with your lemon chicken:
- Broccoli – Cut into bite-size pieces so it will cook in the same time as the chicken.
- Cauliflower – Cut into bite-size pieces so it will cook in the same time as the chicken.
- Green beans – these should cook within the recipe time.
- Brussels Sprouts – Cut into quarters. If they are still too crunchy after the chicken is done, remove the cooked chicken from the pan and continue cooking until they reach the texture you like.
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice lemons into rounds and place the slices on a greased baking sheet.
- Place asparagus and chicken tenders over the slices of lemon.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle the chicken tenders with lemon pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan