Sheet Pan Spicy BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes
Sheet Pan Spicy BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes are a complete meal on one sheet pan. Ready in less than a half hour, you can serve these baked BBQ pork chops just about any night of the week for an easy dinner no matter how busy you are.
Sheet pan dinners are a great way to get dinner on the table on busy weeknights and this easy recipe for sheet pan spicy BBQ pork chops and potatoes is one of my new favorites.
It’s so easy to make bbq pork chops in the oven. It only takes about 30 minutes and you only need one baking sheet so the clean up is easy. It’s the perfect dinner recipe for any night of the week.
You can try a different sheet pan dinner for each night of the week! We’ve got sheet pan chicken and asparagus, sheet pan honey garlic chicken and veggies, or sheet pan beef teriyaki to get you started!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
You’ll need to have these ingredients on hand to make these delicious baked bbq pork chops:
- Pork Chops – Each chop should be approximately 4 ounces each and about 1- 1.5 inches thick. Having a consistent size helps ensure that the pork chops will all cook in the same time period.
- Spices – You’ll need chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, a pinch of cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Olive oil – You could use another light tasting oil if you prefer.
- Potatoes – We use both sweet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes, both peeled and cut.
- Red onion – You could use yellow onion if that’s all you have on hand.
- BBQ sauce – Any flavor or brand will work. We like one that is a little spicy, like our homemade sauce.
- Dijon mustard – For a little extra flavor and a slight kick.
- Lime – Lime adds a bit of freshness to the recipe.
- Fresh cilantro – If you’re one of those people who can’t stand cilantro then you can skip this.
If it’s more pork chop recipes you’re looking for make sure to try our Instant Pot pork chops with mushroom gravy, baked ranch pork chops, or air fryer pork chops.
Step 1 – Prepare oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Step 2 – Season the chops. As the oven heats, make the dry rub in a small bowl by mixing together the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Next, lightly pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and then divide 1 tablespoon of olive oil between them, coating all around. Split the dry rub seasoning between the two chops an rub it in on all sides.
Step 3 – Prep the potatoes. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes and red onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
Once seasoned, spread them onto half of a large baking sheet and then place the pork chops next to them on the other side.
Step 4 – Bake the potatoes and chops. Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Step 5 – Make the BBQ mixture and finish baking. As they bake, combine the BBQ sauce, Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon of lime juice (save the rest of the lime for later) in a small bowl.
After 15 minutes are up, carefully remove the chops and potatoes from the oven and then spread the BBQ sauce over top of each of the chops before placing them back in the oven for 5 additional minutes.
Check pork chops to ensure they are 145 degrees F before you stop baking.
Once the pork chops are cooked through serve them immediately with a squeeze of the remaining lime and a garnish of cilantro.
Best BBQ Sauce to Use
We have a great recipe for homemade bbq sauce. It’s spicy with a hint of sweet, rather than being super sweet like a lot of store bought options. For this recipe we suggest a spicy BBQ to compliment the spices in the dry rub, but you can use whatever your favorite brand and sweetness level.
How Long to Bake Pork Chops
Bake times for pork chops can vary some based on their overall thickness. For most of our recipes, this one included, we tend to use thinner cuts of about 1 inch thickness.
When you use about an inch thick pork chop, you only need about 15 to 20 minutes to bake them to perfection.
You should always check with a thermometer. Pork chops are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
Like most pork chops, these bbq pork chops are best served fresh from the oven. When you reheat chops, they tend to dry out.
Still, if you want to make them ahead of time, you can store them in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
To reheat, we recommend cutting them into slices and microwaving for about 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. If you prefer, you can heat them in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
Looking for More Sheet Pan Dinners?
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Cabbage
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Curried Chicken and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Easy Sheet Pan Beef Teriyaki
- More Sheet Pan Dinners….
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Sheet Pan Spicy BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes
- 4 Pork Chops, approx 4 ounces each. 1- 1.5 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut into thin wedges.
- 1 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce, any flavor will work. We like one that is a little spicy
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Lime, divided
- 1 tablespoon Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make a dry rub. In a small bowl combing the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix together.
- Lightly pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and then divide 1 tablespoon of olive oil between them coating on all sides.
- Divide the dry rub seasoning evenly between the pork chops rubbing it on all sides.
- In a medium bowl toss the potatoes and red onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Spread veggies onto half of a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon of lime juice (save the rest of the lime for later). Stir together until well mixed.
- Place the pork chops on the other half of the baking sheet and brush on the BBQ sauce mixture.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the pork chops reach and internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of the remaining lime and a garnish of cilantro.