Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken
This Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken is an easy weeknight dinner recipe that is ready in 45 minutes!
Weeknight dinners need to be quick and easy but still super delicious. I get home pretty late most days so anything I can do to simplify dinner makes life a little easier. I’ve got a few favorite easy dinner recipes that are always in the rotation, Pressure Cooker Taco Soup, One Pot Chicken Cacciatore, and One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice but my newest obsession is sheet pan meals and just last night I made this amazing Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken. It is sweet and savory chicken and vegetables perfectly roasted all on one sheet pan.
This is a great fall sheet pan recipe using carrots, potatoes, and red onions. They are all diced and lightly oiled then sprinkled with salt and pepper. I use chicken thighs for this sheet pan dish because the dish has to cook a little longer than usual to get the vegetables tender. The chicken thighs stay nice and moist. I also leave the skin on because I love the added flavor of the roasted, crispy skin. The real key to flavor is the sweet and tangy honey balsamic glaze. It’s a simple mixture of honey, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil whisked together. It’s poured over the chicken thighs on the sheet pan along with the vegetables and then everything is baked for 45 minutes.
That honey balsamic sauce reduces down as it bakes and turns into an amazing sweet and tangy glaze that gives the chicken amazing flavor. After 45 minutes the potatoes and carrots are cooked perfectly and you’ve got a whole meal on one pan. Not only do you have a delicious chicken and vegetable dinner but you also only have to wash one pan and a few plates when dinner is over. I’m not gonna lie, that might be my favorite part!
Sheet Pan Balsamic Honey-Glazed Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 Chicken thighs, ,bone-in skin-on
- 4 medium Carrots, ,cut in half lengthwise, then diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, ,each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 medium Red onion, ,cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 3 sprigs Thyme , ,fresh
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Place carrots, potatoes, and onion on the sheet pan, drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Season chicken thighs with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place on the sheet pan with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar, honey, and olive oil and whisk until fully combined. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
If you’re looking for more easy sheet pan dinner recipes try these!
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus
Sheet Pan Spicy Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes