Spinach Puff Pastries
This post first appeared on SundaySupperMovement.com where we were contributors.
These easy Spinach Puff Pastries appetizers are a delicious golden puff pastry filled with cheesy creamed spinach, and plenty of bacon. It’s an easy appetizer recipe for your holiday party!
Spinach Puff Pastries
Creamed Spinach with Bacon happens to be one of my all-time favorite side dishes. I love the rich, creamy sauce the spinach is cooked in and, well, bacon makes everything better. After making it for a Christmas dinner last year I was inspired to save some and turn it into an appetizer by baking it in buttery, flaky, puff pastry. Guys, it is amazing, and it’s the perfect way to make creamed spinach into a finger food!
Tips for Making Spinach Puff Pastries:
- Thaw the puff pastry dough, slightly, until it is manageable.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 squares quickly and easily.
- Brush the puff pastry with egg wash to help it brown nicely.
- Make the creamed spinach filling a day ahead of time and warm slightly before filling the puff pastries.
Can You Make Spinach Puff Pastries Ahead of Time?
The Creamed Spinach and bacon can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Then all you have to do on party night is stuff your puff pastry and put it in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown. While it bakes chop up your pre-cooked bacon and heat it in the microwave for a minute so it is warm. When the Spinach Puff Pastries come out of the oven garnish with the bacon and you are ready to serve.
SPINACH PUFF PASTRIES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Appetizer board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Spinach Puff Pastry
- 3 sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
- Creamed Spinach
- 6 strips Bacon, cooked and divided
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold thawed puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each pastry sheet into nine squares.
- Place in greased muffin cups, pressing gently onto bottoms and up sides, allowing corners to point up.
- Fill each puff pastry cup with about 2 tablespoons of creamed spinach.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Brush egg wash over the puff pastry then place in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.