Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
Oreo Rice Krispie treats combine two childhood treats into one delicious dessert. They are any easy sweet to make for your next get together.
Do you ever find yourself in a bind where you need to bring something to a potluck or just want an easy sweet? Well these Oreo Rice Krispie treats are the dessert you need for those situations. You only need a handful of basic ingredients and a few minutes to put together this fun twist on the classic treat.
My youngest nephew is allergic to peanuts and eggs so he is kind of limited in the dessert department. Oreos and rice krispie treats are his go-to foods. As a special treat for him I combined the two into this fantastic, ooey, gooey treat. They were a hit with him, his brother and sister, grandpa, me….everyone :).
If you like these try some of our other easy desserts like these Brookies, and our Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Cookie.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What You’ll Need
You don’t need much. These are four ingredient Rice Krispie treats!
- Butter -Unsalted butter always works best for baked goods and desserts.
- Marshmallows – We doubled up the marshmallows in this recipe!Adding the Oreos can dry out the treats a little so the added marshmallows help to keep the treats extra ooey gooey.
- Rice Krispies – Name brand or generic rice cereal work the same.
- Oreos – We used the classic Oreo for this recipe but you could use double stuffed or any of the flavors. I’d love to try lemon Oreo rice krispie treats!
How to Make It
Prep the butter and pan. Heat the butter over medium low heat in a large saucepan. While the butter melts, prepare a 13 x 9 inch pan with non-stick spray or rub additional butter everywhere on the pan. Set the pan aside.
Melt the marshmallows. When the butter has fully melted, stir in the marshmallows. Heat and stir them until they have fully melted. This will take about 5 to 7 minutes. You don’t need to stir constantly, but make sure you keep a close eye on them as it can burn easily.
Add the Rice Krispies and Oreos and Assemble. Once the marshmallows are completely melted, pour in the Rice Krispies and then the crushed Oreos. Stir it all together until the marshmallows coat everything. Lightly coat your hands in cooking spray or butter, and transfer the sticky treats to the greased pan. You can use your hands or a spatula to press them down until they form a solid layer.
Allow the treats to cool completely before cutting into squares, rectangles, or fun shapes and serving.
How do you keep Rice Krispie Treats from sticking to your hands?
This is a great trick. Before you start to work with treats, spray your hands with cooking spray. Yes, the same spray you use to keep foods from sticking when you bake or cook can keep your hands free from the sticky marshmallow.
If you don’t have cooking spray on hand, you can also use butter. Neither adds any weird flavor.
Can I Make Them Ahead of Time?
We make them ahead of time all the time. These are a great snack to bring on play dates, to get togethers, or at special requests of our loving nephew. When you make them ahead of time, allow them to cool completely and then place them in an airtight container. They should last about 5 to 7 days.
Looking for More Easy Desserts?
- S’mores Brownies
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Crispy Coconut Cookies
- Trail Mix Cookies
- No Bake Haystack Cookies
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- ½ cup Butter
- 20 ounces Marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice krispies
- 20 Oreos, roughly crushed
- Heat a large saucepan over medium low heat. Add butter and let it melt.
- Grease a 13×9 inch pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Once the butter has melted add the marshmallows and stir them until they have fully melted. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- When the marshmallows have fully melted add the Rice Krispies and then crushed Oreos.
- Stir together the Rice Krispies, Oreos, and marshmallows until the marshmallow coats everything.
- Lightly coat your hands in a little bit of butter or non-stick spray and then, while the mixture is warm, pour it into the greased pan and use a spatula and your hands to press it down into the pan making a solid layer of Oreo rice krispie treats.
- Let cool completely and then cut and serve.
Yum…way to take a great treat and make it awesome! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!
Oh my goodness, these look amazing!
what a fun treat for the kids!!
This is a wonderful sweet treat! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo
Oooooh myyyyy! These look fantastic! Thanks for sharing at the Best Recipes/ DIY Link up!
Popping over from Marvelous Monday =) those look delicious! My mouth is actually watering =) Be sure to share your recipes, crafts, upcycles & DIYs at Two Uses Tuesday (Mon 8pm EST to Fri 11pm EST) over at Sarah Celebrates if you don’t already!
I just stumbled this! These look so delicious!
Oh, I know my daughter would have a ball making these! Absolutely delicious too.
Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.
I always eat my Rice Krispies Treats straight out of the package but this has inspired me to mix things up! #client