Ice Cream Brownie Bites
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ice Cream Brownie Bites are the perfect bite-sized snack when you’re craving something sweet. All you need is a box of brownie mix and your favorite ice cream and dessert is ready!
These easy Ice cream Brownie Bites are an awesome way to treat yourself this summer. Delicious, chocolate, mini brownie bites are topped with a perfect scoop of your favorite ice cream to make a bite-sized treat that is just the right size to indulge your sweet tooth without feeling guilty!
These little bites are a favorite in my house. They are perfect as a summer treat because I can make them ahead of time and keep a batch in the freezer and you can eat them in just a couple of bites so the ice cream doesn’t even have time to melt! 😉
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What You’ll Need
Brownie mix – We used a box of Open Nature® Gluten Free Brownie Mix (16 ounces) which was perfectly fudgy and totally delicious but you can use any brand or your favorite homemade brownie recipe.
Ice Cream – Since we’re going for a guiltless here we used two of our favorites Open Nature® Peanut Butter & Cookies non-dairy frozen dessert made with almond milk, and Open Nature Scandal-less Cookies and Cream Light Ice Cream. Both are great products with no artificial colors or flavors and are made with clean ingredients.
Open Nature non-dairy desserts are a great alternative to traditional ice cream with sorbet, almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, and coconut milk options. It’s perfectly creamy and that Peanut Butter & Cookies flavor is out-of-this world good!
Open Nature Scandal-less light ice cream products are low calorie and high protein with 60-80% less calories, and 40-50% less fat than regular ice cream, so you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoying a little treat. Depending on the flavor your choose the whole pint is only between 240-370 calories! That makes these the perfect guilt-free addition to our brownie bites 🙂
I shopped at Safeway, but you can also find Open Nature light ice cream or Non-Dairy Dessert products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb, Vons, or online. Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
Mini Muffin Pan – You’ll need a mini muffin pan to get the perfect-sized brownie bite! An alternative is to bake the brownies in a baking dish and then use a 1.5 inch round cookie cutter to cut out as many circles from the brownies as possible.
How to Make Them
Bake – Follow the instructions on the back of the brownie mix box (or your favorite homemade brownie recipe) to mix all of your brownie ingredients together. Prepare your mini muffin pan by giving it a good spray of non-stick spray.
Scoop one heaping tablespoon of brownie batter into each mini muffin cup. If you have excess batter you will need to bake a second batch after the first comes out of the oven. If you don’t have enough batter to completely fill the muffin tin on your second batch fill each empty cup with 1 tablespoon of water to make sure everything cooks evenly.
Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Make the Cups – When the brownies come out of the oven let them cool for about 5 minutes then use a tamper (this is our preferred tool!), or a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon to press down in the center of each brownie bite creating an indention in the middle. Then let the brownies cool completely.
Fill with Ice Cream – Use a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon like a little ice cream scoop and scoop the ice cream into a ball. Place it in the middle of the brownie bite and top with your favorite toppings. Serve immediately!
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes! You can freeze the brownie bite portion of this recipe so you’ll have them baked and ready to go whenever you need a treat. Just add a little scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
To freeze the brownie bites bake them according to the recipe instructions and then let them cool completely. Once cooled place them in an airtight container and store them in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy one take it out of the freezer and set it on the counter for about 10 minutes to thaw out. Then scoop your ice cream, add any toppings, and dessert is ready.
Pick up a few different Open Nature® ice cream flavors or grab some Signature SELECT™ Unicorn ice cream on your next Safeway shopping trip and surprise the family with Ice Cream Brownie Bites!
Ice Cream Brownie Bites
- 1 box Brownie Mix + ingredients listed on the back of the box
- 1 pint Open Nature® Peanut Butter & Cookies non-dairy frozen dessert
- Your favorite toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the brownie mix box (or your favorite homemade brownie recipe) to mix all of your brownie ingredients together.
- Prepare your mini muffin pan by coating it with non-stick spray.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of brownie batter into each mini muffin cup. If you have excess batter you will need to bake a second batch after the first comes out of the oven. See note 1 below.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. See note 2 below.
- When the brownies come out of the oven let them cool for about 5 minutes then use a tamper, or a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon to press down in the center of each brownie bite creating an indention in the middle.
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- Once cooled use a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon to scoop the ice cream into a ball and place it in the middle of the brownie.
- Add any of your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
- Depending on the brownie mix or recipe that you use you may have leftover batter after you fill your muffin pan. If so you’ll need to bake a second batch after the first are done. If you have any empty muffin cups fill them with a tablespoon of water to help everything bake evenly.
- Make sure these are completely baked before removing them from the oven. It is better to err on the side of slightly overbaking than underbaking.