Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
This keto lasagna stuffed peppers recipe combines the flavor of traditional stuffed peppers with the cheesy goodness of the classic Italian dinner. It is an easy recipe for stuffed peppers that the whole family will love.
This keto friendly lasagna stuffed pepper recipe will give you all of the flavors of your favorite lasagna while you stick to your macros.
One of the hardest parts of following a low carb diet is definitely missing classic pasta dishes. We’ve managed to satisfy our pizza craving with our keto pizza casserole and we even made a delicious low carb chicken alfredo lasagna but we were still missing the traditional lasagna.
This keto-friendly dish has it all. Three cheeses, a mix of ground beef and Italian sausage, and your favorite marinara (we love Rao’s marinara when we’re eating low carb). It’s low carb comfort food at it’s finest and there won’t be anyone in your house who doesn’t want a bite!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
When you combine stuffed peppers with lasagna, you’ll need:
- Ground Italian sausage – You can use either hot or sweet Italian. Just make sure you keep an eye on the macros if you’re eating low carb.
- Ground beef – We prefer using at least 80/20.
- Seasonings – For this, you’ll need Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and Kosher salt.
- Red Bell Peppers – If you prefer, you could use green, yellow, or orange pepper instead.
- Cheeses – You’ll need whole milk ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese for this recipe.
- Marinara sauce – We use the same Rao’s marinara that we use for our keto meat lover’s pizza stuffed peppers but you can also make our own at home or your preferred brand of sauce.
Step 1 – Prep the seasonings. Before doing anything, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. As the oven heats, mix the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a small bowl.
Step2 – Brown the meat. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the Italian sausage and ground beef. As they cook, sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix over the meat and continue cooking until the meat is fully cooked. Remove from heat and drain excess grease.
Step 3 – Prepare the peppers. When the meat is ready, cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise. Once cut open, remove the stem, seeds, and ribs (the white part inside of the peppers).
Step 4 – Prepare the cheese. In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 2 teaspoons of spice mix. Stir them until they are well combined.
Step 5 – Assemble the peppers. To assemble the peppers, layer 1 teaspoon of marinara sauce, 1 ounce of cooked meat, and 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture in each pepper half. Top each half with about ¼ ounce of mozzarella cheese.
Once assembled, spread ½ a cup of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish and place the stuffed peppers in the dish side-by-side.
Step 6 – Bake peppers. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes. The cheese should be melted, bubbly, and slightly browned.
Remove from the oven and serve hot and fresh.
How Long to Bake Stuffed Peppers
Baked stuffed peppers take about 45 minutes in a 400 degree oven. If you make a different recipe, the cooking time and temperature may vary, but for this recipe, about 45 minutes is what you need.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
You can stuff the peppers and then store them uncooked in the refrigerator in a sealed container for 1 to 2 days before cooking according to the instructions.
Alternatively, you could bake them ahead of time, let them cool completely, and then store them in an airtight container for about 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
To reheat, place the peppers in a 350 degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through. If you want to make them at work or school, you can place them in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or until warmed through.
Looking for More Keto Dinner Recipes?
- Keto Peanut Butter Chicken
- Keto Big Mac Bowl
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Cabbage
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Keto Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole
- Keto Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Keto Big Mac Bites
- More Keto Recipes…
Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir together to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the Italian sausage and ground beef.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix over the meat and continue cooking until the meat is fully cooked. Remove from heat and drain excess grease.
- Cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise. Remove the stem, seeds, and ribs (white part inside of the peppers).
- In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 2 teaspoons of spice mix. Stir together.
- Assemble the peppers by layering 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce, 1 ounce of cooked meat, 1 tablespoon of ricotta inside of each pepper half. Top each with ¼ ounce of mozzarella cheese.
- Spread ½ cup of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish and place stuffed peppers in the dish side-by-side.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.