Keto Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Keto Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a spicy version of everyone’s favorite creamy pasta topped with blackened chicken. It will satisfy your comfort food cravings without all of the carbs!
Two of the most popular recipe on our site are our keto chicken alfredo casserole, and our homemade keto alfredo sauce. When I made a homemade blackened seasoning for blackened chicken I immediately thought of cajun chicken alfredo and I had to make it happen….keto-style.
We spiced up our keto alfredo sauce and tossed everything with our favorite heart of palm noodles for a delicious low carb pasta. The creamy cajun chicken pasta felt super indulgent and totally curbed my craving for comfort food and I didn’t have to feel guilty!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need for this keto friendly pasta.
- Blackened chicken – You can make this ahead so that you can easily make the pasta when you are ready.
- Butter – If you prefer, you can use olive oil or another oil instead.
- Garlic – We use freshly minced or crush garlic.
- Heavy Cream – There really is no substitute for this. Heavy cream has very few carbs compared to other creams or milk.
- Parmesan – We use a block and grate our own.
- Creole seasoning – You could substitute with a cajun seasoning blend.
- Heart of Palm noodles – These are keto friendly, low carb noodles. You can pick your preferred brand or you can use your favorite pasta if you don’t follow a keto diet.
Step 1 – Cook the chicken. Before making the pasta, cook the blackened chicken before starting your sauce and set aside. You could also ahead of time and reheat before serving.
Step 2 – Make the sauce. Mellt 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium high heat and then add garlic to the pan and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Next, pour the heavy cream into the pan and bring it to a simmer over medium high heat. This will take about 5 to 7 minutes. You’ll need to stir frequently to help prevent burning.
Finally, stir in the Parmesan cheese and creole seasoning and allow it to cook until the sauce thickens. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes. It is ready when it coats the back of your spoon.
Step 3 – Add noodles to sauce and serve. Remove the sauce from the heat and drop in the Heart of Palm noodles. Let it cook for 5 minutes to warm the noodles through.
Serve the pasta with thinly sliced blackened chicken on top.
The Best Keto Pasta Substitute
Our favorite low carb noodles are Natural Heaven Pasta substitute. They are made from hearts of palm.
We find they offer the best texture of low carb noodles. You also do not need to rinse them. And they only have 2 grams of net carbs per serving.
Another good option is Palmini, which is also made from hearts of palm. These have a stiffer texture and need to be cooked for a few minutes prior to adding the sauce to help soften them.
Both are delicious and come in several “pasta” types from angel hair to lasagna.
How Do You Spice Up Alfredo Sauce?
You can easily spice up our keto alfredo sauce with creole seasoning. Creole and cajun seasonings are very similar to each other. Creole tends to have fewer spices, but they both offer a spicy, flavorful blend.
We have an excellent blackening spice you can use in this recipe and to blacken your chicken. It is super easy to make and you can add it to nearly any dish you want.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
You can quickly and easily prepare the blackened chicken and keto alfredo sauce ahead of time. Store the chicken and alfredo sauce separately in the fridge.
When ready to use, warm the alfredo sauce in a pan on medium high heat stirring for approximately 10 minutes until it is smooth and creamy.
When the alfredo sauce is ready, follow the instructions in this recipe. Before adding the chicken on top, reheat the chicken before adding on top of the pasta. Serve and enjoy.
Looking for More Keto Chicken Recipes?
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Keto Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole
- Oven Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- Keto Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer
- More Keto Chicken Recipes…
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Keto Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 16 ounces Blackened chicken
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 5 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 18 ounces Natural Heaven Heart of Palm noodles, drained
- Make the blackened chicken before starting your sauce and set aside or make ahead of time and reheat before serving.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium high heat. Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the heavy cream into the pan and bring it to a simmer over medium high heat, approximately 5-7 minutes. Make sure to stir often so the cream doesn’t burn.
- Stir in the Parmesan and creole seasoning and continue to cook until it thickens, approximately 8-10 minutes. You will know it is ready when the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and drop the Heart of Palm noodles into it. Let cook for 5 minutes to warm the noodles through.
- Serve pasta with thinly sliced blackened chicken on top.
Your Creole Seasoning recipe is missing. Link not found. 🙁
Hi Lea, you can use any store bought premade Creole seasoning.