Sheet Pan Sausage and Cabbage
Sheet pan sausage and cabbage is a super simple, 4 ingredient, keto friendly meal that you can make ahead and enjoy all week. Cabbage with sausage is cooked together so all the flavors blend into the perfect low carb dinner.
Sausage and cabbage are a terrific combination. The pairing makes a great, filling keto lunch or dinner. You get the protein and fat from the sausage and lots of fiber from the cabbage and everything kind of melds together so it’s super flavorful.
The best part is it only takes one pan and 4 ingredients to make!
You can enjoy this even if you are not on a keto diet. It goes great served on a bun as a sausage sandwich. Or you can smother it in your favorite, keto or not keto sauces for added flavor. I personally like to drizzle some yellow or spicy mustard over everything…yum!!
If you want to try some other keto recipes packed with greens and sausage make sure to give our low carb sausage and kale soup and sausage and spinach crustless quiche a try. Both at keto staples for us!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This four ingredient cabbage and sausage recipe only needs:
- Cabbage – You can use your favorite variety, red or green.
- Olive oil – We prefer the taste of olive oil, but any lighter tasting oil works great for this.
- Kosher salt – If you prefer, you can skip the salt or use your favorite variety.
- Sausage – You can use your favorite variety of sausage. If you follow a keto or low carb diet, we highly recommend Aidells All Natural Chicken and Apple Sausage since it has no preservatives, additives, or hormones and only 3 net carbs per link.
Here’s how to make this sheet pan bake.
Before getting started, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 1 – Prep the cabbage. Thinly slice the cabbage and place it on a baking sheet.
Drizzle olive oil over the cabbage and then sprinkle the salt over it. Use tongs to gently toss the cabbage together until the oil and salt are evenly distributed.
Step 2 – Top with sausage. Place the sausage links on top of the cabbage. Leave a little bit of room between each link. Finally, cover them with aluminum foil.
Step 3 – Bake and serve. Bake the tray for 40 minutes. The sausage should brown up and the cabbage should be look tender and slightly browned. Remove the tray from the oven and serve each sausage link with a portion of cooked cabbage.
Is Sausage Keto Friendly?
Sausage can be a great addition to your keto diet, but you need to make sure you use a sausage that doesn’t have a bunch of added sugar. If you’re going for a clean keto, you will also want something with less additives and preservatives.
We highly recommend Aidells All Natural Chicken and Apple Sausage. It has great flavor, 3 net carbs per link, and it does not contain any added hormones, fillers, or artificial sweeteners.
You can also use kielbasa, bratwurst, or hot or sweet Italian sausage. The key to making sure is keto is checking to make sure it does not contain a large amount of carbs.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
This is a great meal to prepare ahead of time. If you want easy lunches, cook cabbage with sausage as described and then portion them out into individual containers.
To store, place the container(s) in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. To reheat, place in the container or plate in the microwave for 2 minutes or slice sausage and heat sausage and cabbage together in a skillet over medium high heat until warmed through.
Looking for More Easy Keto Recipes?
- Keto Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Keto Big Mac Bowl
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Keto Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- More Keto Recipes…
Sheet Pan Sausage and Cabbage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and place it on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cabbage and then sprinkle the salt over it. Gently toss the cabbage together until the oil is evenly distributed.
- Place the sausage links on top of the cabbage and then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve each sausage link with a portion of cooked cabbage.