These decadent Nutella Wontons are crisp wontons filled with creamy, rich Nutella hazelnut spread. It’s an easy Nutella dessert recipe everyone will love!
These Nutella Wontons are so simple, just two ingredients, but they are packed full of flavor. If you’re working on some ideas for a special Valentine’s Day dinner I highly recommend them! The wontons are fried so they become crisp and heat the Nutella in the center. When you bite into them that crunchy outer layer gives way and that warm Nutella spills out. Seriously guys, they are pretty amazing.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Dessert Recipes board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
If you’ve never fried a wonton these Nutella Wontons are a great recipe to start with. The filling is smooth so you don’t have to worry about it poking through the wonton wrapper and they only take minutes to cook.
Steps for Making Nutella Wontons:
- Place a wonton on a flat surface.
- Wet your finger and run it around the outside edge of the wonton.
- Place 1 tablespoon of Nutella in the center of the wonton.
- Fold the wonton so that the opposite corners meet, forming a triangle.
- Press gently around the outer edge so the wonton is sealed. Make sure to press gentle around the Nutella to get all of the air out before sealing completely.
- Fry in 350 degrees F oil for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
When the Nutella Wontons come out of the fryer place them on a paper towel lined plate to get the excess grease off. Place them on a serving platter, dust them with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Tips for making Nutella Wontons:
- When you are sealing the wontons make sure to press down all around the Nutella in the middle to get any extra air out.
- Your oil temperature will continue to rise as you cook so keep an eye on it and move your pan off of the heat to stabalize the temperature when needed.
- When the wontons are finished let them cool for a few minutes before serving with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Want more wonton recipes?
- 12 Wonton Wrappers
- 12 tablespoons Nutella
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Place wonton wrapper on flat surface.
- Wet finger with water (not much!) and run it around the edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Place a tablespoon of Nutella in the middle of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold one corner to touch the other corner forming a triangle.
- Use your fingers to gently press the air out of the wonton and pinch the edges to seal them.
- Heat a pan of oil (about 3 inches deep) to 350 degrees F.
- Drop the wontons in and cook for 30-45 seconds per side or until they are golden brown.
- Place wontons on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!