Buffalo Chicken Cups
These Buffalo Chicken Cups are an easy appetizer recipe made with a muffin tin, wonton wrappers, and delicious buffalo chicken dip!
If you love buffalo chicken as much as we do then you’re going to LOVE these Buffalo Chicken Cups. Crispy wonton cups are filled with creamy, cheesy, buffalo chicken dip and baked until everything is perfectly melted together.
It makes awesome football food, party appetizer, or even a fun dinner on a busy weeknight! Make the dip ahead of time and then fill the wonton cups and bake for a quick and easy dish.
That’s not our only buffalo chicken recipe. We love that spicy stuff! Make sure you check out our Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad, Buffalo Chicken Sliders, Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip, and Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers ( told you we love it!)
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What You’ll Need
- Wonton wrappers – These thin little wrappers are a miniature version of an eggroll wrapper. You can usually find them in the refrigerated area of the produce section.
- Chicken Breast – You’ll be cooking chicken breast for this recipe but if you want to save a little time you can use rotisserie chicken instead.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese is what makes the buffalo chicken into a creamy, cheesy dip.
- Frank’s Red Hot sauce – This is what gives buffalo chicken it’s great flavor. Feel free to add a little more or a little less depending on your heat preference.
- Cheddar Cheese – You can never have enough cheese! Shred a block of cheddar or use pre-shredded cheese to save time!
- Ranch Dressing – Everything is better with ranch dressing. You can also substitute with blue cheese dressing if you prefer.
How To Make It
Cook chicken. Place chicken breasts in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Then remove them from the water and place them directly into your stand mixer’s mixing bowl. (If you don’t have a stand mixer you can use a fork to shred the chicken by hand.) Using the dough hook attachment, turn the mixer on medium for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is completely shredded.
Make buffalo chicken mixture. Add softened cream cheese to chicken and blend it together thoroughly. Add hot sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing. Stir together until well mixed.
Make cups. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and place one wonton wrapper in each cup. Push the wrapper down into the muffin tin and then fill each wonton cups with buffalo chicken dip and top with the remaining 1/4c of shredded cheese.
Bake. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until wonton is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Make it Ahead of Time
This is one of those recipes that is just better when it’s straight out of the oven. It can sit out during a party and still be good at room temperature but you don’t want to make them a day ahead of time and reheat.
My best suggestion is to make the buffalo chicken dip ahead of time. Store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. When you’re ready to use put your wonton wrapper in the buffin tin, fill with the dip, and bake!
Looking for More Easy Appetizers?
- Pizza Wontons
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Keto Chicken Artichoke Dip
- Easy Meatball Sliders
- Dr Pepper BBQ Chicken Dip
- Cheeseburger Tots
- More appetizers…
Buffalo Chicken Cups
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- 12 ounces Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil water
- Place chicken breasts in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until cooked through
- Remove chicken breasts and put them directly into your stand mixer’s mixing bowl. (If you don’t have a stand mixer you can use a fork to shred the chicken by hand.)
- Using the dough hook attachment, turn the mixer on medium for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is completely shredded. Stir once or twice to make sure all of the chicken has been shredded.
- Add softened cream cheese to chicken and blend it together thoroughly.
- Add hot sauce and blend thoroughly.
- Add 3/4c shredded cheese and ranch and blend thoroughly.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and place one wonton wrapper in each cup.
- Fill wonton cups with buffalo chicken dip and top with the remaining 1/4c of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until wonton is golden brown and cheese is melted.
This recipe was originally published on February 19, 2016. It was republished with updated photos on September 4, 2020.