Buffalo Chicken Cups
These Buffalo Chicken Cups are an easy appetizer recipe made with a muffin tin, wonton wrappers, and delicious buffalo chicken dip!
Do you ever make a recipe and love it so much that you start trying to figure out all of the ways you can make it with other ingredients? Happens to Melinda and I all the time.
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
A few weeks ago we were frying up crab rangoons for a recipe we shared on Real Housemoms, and we loved them so much that Melinda started trying to figure out anything and everything we could stuff into a wonton and fry. We made these pizza wontons that the kids loved…ok, ok, we may have eaten just as many as the kids, but seriously guys they were awesome, and we even stuffed a few wontons with Nutella (recipe coming soon!).
Melinda was just about to load up some wontons with buffalo chicken dip (yep she really does always have some in her fridge!) when I put the brakes on. Don’t give me that look, I already got it from Melinda. Of course buffalo chicken dip would be amazing fried inside of a wonton, but at the rate we were going you guys were only going to see fried wontons for a whole month, LOL. Instead we took those wonton wrappers and used them in a different way. We pressed each wonton into the cup of a mini muffin tin, then filled them with the buffalo chicken dip and topped them with a little cheese.
They baked in the oven at 350F for 10-12 minutes. We just kept an eye on them and pulled them out when the wonton wrapper was golden brown and the cheese was melted. When they were done we let them cool for a few minutes then pulled them out of the muffin tin and dug in.
These spicy, cheesy, bites of buffalo chicken were the bomb-diggity (yep I just said that)! While I’m sure a fried wonton would be awesome too I like these better because you get more buffalo chicken and that is the best part. These buffalo chicken cups are perfect for game day, party appetizers, or even just a simple, fun, lunch!
Buffalo Chicken Cups
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- 12 ounces Chicken Breast
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil water
- Place chicken breasts in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until cooked through
- Remove chicken breasts and put them directly into your stand mixer's mixing bowl. (If you don't have a stand mixer you can use a fork to shred the chicken by hand.)
- Using the dough hook attachment turn the mixer on medium for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is completely shredded. Stir once or twice to make sure all of the chicken has been shredded.
- Add softened cream cheese to chicken and blend it together thoroughly.
- Add hot sauce and blend thoroughly.
- Add 3/4c shredded cheese and ranch and blend thoroughly.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and place one wonton wrapper in each cup.
- Fill wonton cups with buffalo chicken dip and top with the remaining 1/4c of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until wonton is golden brown and cheese is melted.
If you love buffalo chicken as much as we do make sure you check out the rest of our buffalo chicken recipes!