Pale Ale Beer Chili
Pale Ale Beer Chili is a hearty and easy to make game day chili made with beer, ground beef, and ground pork. It is perfect for football season.
Pale Ale Beer Chili
Summer is coming to an end and football season has begun! When I think of football, beer and chili are the first things that come to mind. I combined the two in this recipe and and whipped up the best chili made with beer that you’ll ever try! I made this chili beanless because I was trying to keep it low carb but if you want to add beans I would recommend a can of red kidney beans. The great thing about chili is that you can pretty much add whatever meat or veggies you want and it will still turn out delicious. Last year we made Chipotle Chili a few times during the football season and it was big hit. We take football season and tailgating very seriously in my house we even made field goal posts and pom-poms to decorate the table at our football parties.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Chili is a great recipe for a party because it is so easy. Once you brown the meat and drain it (get as much grease off the meat as possible to keep your chili from being greasy!), it is all a matter of dumping all of the ingredients into a pot and letting it simmer. I let mine simmer for a few hours, stirring every now and then, because I had the time and I was in the kitchen doing other things. The longer it simmers the better it will taste. You can even freeze any leftovers for busy weeknight meals. Don’t forget to make cornbread to go with your Pale Ale Beer Chili.
PALE ALE BEER CHILI
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Comfort Food board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Pale Ale Chili
- 2 pounds Ground beef
- 1 pound Ground sausage, remove from casing
- 2 Bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika powder
- 12 ounces Pale ale Beer
- 14.5 ounces Diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper: to taste
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese, sour cream & green onions
- Brown the beef and sausage over medium heat in a large pot.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeno, poblano pepper to the large pot and cook for 5 mins.
- Add drained meat, pale ale, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, paprika to the pot and cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for an hour minimum; covered.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions or your favorite chili garnish.
- Enjoy with a piece of cornbread!
- Freeze leftovers.