Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl (Low Carb)
This easy Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl makes an amazing lunch or dinner idea. It is a keto taco bowl packed full of southwest flavors.
I’ve eaten this Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl three times this week and it never gets old. It’s simple to make ahead of time like my Slow Cooker Taco soup. I prepped everything I needed for my taco bowl over the weekend and for lunch and dinner this week I just threw everything together and have a really quick and easy low carb lunch and low carb dinner.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
I combined my Crock Pot Shredded Chicken and Homemade Taco Seasoning recipes to make the chicken for this Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl. I added the shredded chicken to a skillet over medium high heat and sprinkled it with homemade taco seasoning (I use about 2 tablespoons of taco mix per 1 pound of shredded chicken). Then add a little water, stir everything together and simmer it for 5-10 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
If you’re making the ingredients for your Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl ahead of time you can store the seasoned shredded chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week. Then you prep your taco toppings and store them in individual containers. Some of my favorite taco bowl toppings are: Pico de Gallo, avocado, jalapenos, queso blanco, limes for squeezing over everything, and of course sour cream.
Tips for making a Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl:
- If you are meal prepping for the week you can divide the Crock Pot Shredded Chicken up so you can season part of it a different way.
- You can mix the taco bowl components together and eat them that way, or you can serve them over lettuce, or cauliflower rice. If you aren’t eating low carb you can serve it over rice.
- When making your bowl a serving of shredded chicken is about 4 ounces.
SHREDDED CHICKEN TACO BOWL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Dinner board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl
- Place shredded chicken in a skillet and add taco seasoning and water. Stir together and cook until water is gone.
- Add seasoned chicken, avocados, pico de gallo, and queso blanco to a bowl of lettuce.