Taco Tater Tot Bites
These easy Taco Tater Tot Bites are the perfect football food idea for all of your game day parties.
At this point I think we’ve firmly established I have a thing for tater tots. They are perfect little bites of fried potato goodness. A year ago I would have said there wasn’t much better, then Melinda came up with Cheeseburger Tots and we’ve been dreaming up things to stuff inside of tater tot cups ever since!
So far we’ve made Cheeseburger Tots, and Loaded Tater Tot Bites. Our most recent tater tot recipe is going to be the hit of your next party….Taco Tater Tot Bites!! These delicious, crispy tater tot cups are filled with taco meat and topped with cheese, sour cream, and salsa. Every bite is a combination of two of my favorite things, tacos and tots! These Taco Tots are pretty much the best football food idea ever and I know they’re going to be a huge hit at all of this year’s football parties. Don’t forget about Cinco de Mayo. What a fun twist on Taco Tuesday right?!
More Tater Tot Recipes:
- Cheeseburger Tots
- Loaded Tater Tot Bites
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Tots
- Ham and Cheese Tater Tot Skewers
Taco Tater Tot Bites are really easy to make (which makes them even better IMHO) all you need are some frozen tater tots, ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, salsa, sour cream…and really any of your favorite taco toppings. Start by browning the ground beef and adding the taco seasoning and a little water. Then grease a mini muffin tin and place three frozen tots in each slot. Bake the tots at 425 degrees F. for 10 minutes. When the time is up remove them from the oven and use a tamper to press them down. The tater tots will spread around the tamper and create a cup. Fill the cups with the taco meat and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Place them back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes longer. once they are done baking top them with a little salsa and sour cream and you’re ready to party!
Our Taco Tots aren’t the only amazing potato recipe. We’ve teamed up with a group of our favorite bloggers to bring you all sorts of potato goodness this month. Just check out some of these awesome recipes and get ready to overload on carbs in the best way possible!
Taco Tater Tot Bites
- 48 Tater Tots, , frozen
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 packet Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 c Sour Cream
- 1/2 c Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Once meat has browned drain the grease then add beef back to the skillet along with the taco seasoning and water.
- Cook 5 more minutes.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and place three tater tots in each cup. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the muffin pan from the oven and use a tamper to press the tater tots down into each cup. This will create a tater tot cup.
- Fill the tater tots with the taco meat and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place the tater tots back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the Taco Tater Tot Cups from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
- Top with salsa and sour cream (or your favorite taco toppings)