Turn your Leftover Candy into Witch’s Brew Brownies
These Witch’s Brew Brownies are the perfect Halloween dessert recipe for using up all of your leftover Halloween candy!
Yay! November is finally here! Yes, I’m one of those people who has the house decorated and has already started Christmas shopping. I can’t help it, I love this time of year! The downside of the beginning of November is that I’m still trying to get rid of the leftover Halloween candy from last month’s festivities. OMG, So. Much. Candy. Wednesday I was home with my daughter. She was bored, I was bored (laundry and cleaning is boring guys!) and I decided we were going to do a little magic and make the last of that Halloween candy disappear into these Witch’s Brew Brownies!
Recipes using leftover Halloween candy don’t have to be complicated. These Witch’s Brew Brownies use a boxed brownie mix and all of the leftover Halloween candy you have! It’s pretty simple, just make a batch of brownies from a boxed brownie mix and fill them with leftover candy, and some edible eyes, because all you really need to make a recipe Halloween-y are edible eyes. My daughter loved that part :). My daughter helped me mix everything together and then we popped everything in the oven. The candy tends to sink as the brownies cook so I put half of the Halloween candy aside and 5 minutes before the brownies were ready to come out of the oven I added the rest of the candy to the top of the brownies, pressing it down into the brownies lightly.
When the brownies came out of the oven I added the edible eyes and let them cool a bit before serving them up! Yep, they tasted just as good as they look. She and I had one, ok maybe two, and saved the rest to share with my husband and son. Needless to say there was no whining about the candy being gone since it meant brownies! We had such a fun day and my house is now also Halloween candy free. Next up Thanksgiving!
Witch's Brew Brownies
- 1 box Brownie mix + ingredients listed on back of box
- Leftover Halloween candy, any kind!
- Edible Eyes
- Make brownies according to instructions on the box.
- Pour brownie mix into pan and top with Halloween candy. Save half to place on top at the end.
- Bake according to package instructions.
- 5 minutes before the brownies have finished baking add the remaining Halloween candy to the top of the brownies.
- When the brownies have finished baking remove them from the oven and add the edible eyes. Let cool.