This easy Donut Trifle is made with donut holes, whipped cream, and vanilla pudding for a decadent trifle recipe everyone will love!
Sometimes you’re sitting around the house on a rainy Saturday afternoon and your BFF texts you with “Donut Trifle?” and suddenly you’re headed to the grocery store to grab some whipped topping and vanilla pudding mix while she’s off to Krispy Kreme for a couple of boxes of donut holes. That doesn’t happen to you? Must just be me because that’s exactly what happened when Melinda dreamed up this amazing trifle recipe!
Are you drooling yet? This trifle is so easy to make it’s perfect for a last minute party, or just something to surprise the family with. It’s layers of French vanilla pudding, Krispy Kreme doughnut holes (you can use any brand but fresh Krispy Kreme donuts are pretty amazing!), and whipped topping. I know some people prefer homemade whipped cream to store bought whipped topping and that works too. This is one of those desserts that so simple you can make all sorts of changes and you’re still going to end up with something amazing…and if it turns out you don’t like it just give me a call. I’ll be right over and I’ll bring my own spoon!
Once you’ve layered everything together you can dig right in or, if you are heading to a party later, you can stick the Donut Trifle in the refrigerator and let it sit for a bit. Melinda like’s her’s right away, I liked it after it sat a bit and the donuts softened a little in the pudding. Either way it was delicious and it disappeared so fast I didn’t get a chance for seconds. Probably for the best but I’m still a little sad about it ;). No worries though, I have already been dreaming up other flavor combinations so I’ll be digging into another Donut Trifle soon!
- 3 - 3.4 oz. boxes of French Vanilla Pudding
- 6 c. Milk, cold
- 16 oz. Whipped Topping
- 2 - 6.9 oz. boxes of Krispy Kreme donut holes (any brand will do!)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the French Vanilla pudding with the milk and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes until the pudding has firmed up.
- In a trifle dish start with a layer of pudding, then press a layer of donut holes into it. Top with a layer of whipped topping.
- Repeat with another layer of pudding, donut holes, and finish with whipped topping on top.
- Dig in immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Best if eaten the same day as it is made.
If you’re looking for more quick and easy dessert recipes try these!