This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% our own. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
This Loaded Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is a delicious alternative to boring old baked potatoes.
I don’t know if you have noticed by now but we love anything with cheese and bacon. Add those two ingredients to any recipe and you’ve got an instant comfort food. After I made my Duchess Potatoes last week I had a few potatoes left over and I needed to make a side for dinner. Instead of making boring old baked potatoes I stepped it up a little and made this easy Loaded Potatoes Au Gratin recipe. OMG, these things were soooo good!
These potatoes are simple but delicious and they didn’t require anything I didn’t already have in my refrigerator. I started by peeling my potatoes and slicing them into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Then I whipped together some heavy cream, flour, sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper. Next is the fun part. You create layers of the potatoes, pour part of the liquid over them, and sprinkle each layer with bacon, and cheese. I always have Kraft Natural Shredded Cheeses on hand, like I said earlier I love cheese on just about anything and it is so handy to have it already shredded and ready to go. For this recipe I used the cheddar cheese but they also make Colby and Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, and Mexican cheeses.
When your layers are made you pop it in the oven and bake it while you finish up the rest of dinner. What you end up with is a creamy, cheesy, potato dish with lots of bacon. Is there anything not to like about that? This only takes about 15 minutes to put together and it was ready to eat by the time I finished cooking the chicken we were having for dinner that night. Everyone loved it and the little bit that was left over heated up well the next day. I’d take this cheesy, bacon-y goodness over a boring baked potato any day!
- 4 Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbs Butter, softened
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 9 slices Bacon, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease an 9-inch or 2-qt. casserole dish with butter.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into ¼ inch slices.
- In a large bowl whisk together the heavy cream, and flour.
- Add Sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper, mixing thoroughly.
- Arrange ⅓ of the potatoes slices in the bottom of the casserole dish, overlapping the edges.
- Pour ⅓ of the mixture over them, then sprinkle ⅓ of the bacon and ⅓ of the cheese on top.
- Repeat this step to make a second layer.
- For the final layer arrange potato slices and cover with last ⅓ of the liquid. Keep last ⅓ of cheese and bacon in reserve.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then uncover dish and continue baking for 20 minutes.
- In the last 10 minutes add cheese and bacon to the top of the potatoes.
- Let dish cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chives
If you’re looking for some cheesy goodness to add to your favorite comfort food you can find Kraft Natural Shredded Cheeses at your local Walmart.
Be sure to check out more delicious cheese recipes at Kraft.com. I’d love to hear about your favorite cheesy comfort food!