This post was sponsored on behalf of Alizé Peach. All opinions stated are my own.
We’ve Spiked Peach Sweet Tea with and filled it with frozen peaches for a summer cocktail recipe that is perfect for sipping on a warm summer night.
Alright guys, today we have a drink for you that screams summer. I’m from Memphis originally and I’m still a southern girl at heart so sweet tea is my go to drink. I’m not gonna lie I drink it year round but it is the best in the summer. A tall, icy glass of sweet tea, droplets of condensation beading up on the sides while you sit out on the back porch chowing down on some BBQ straight off the grill…that is what summer is all about.
The only thing that could make a summer sweet tea any better is the addition of some frozen peaches and a little vodka. That’s right guys, we made Spiked Peach Sweet Tea last weekend and it was amazing! I started by slicing up some fresh peaches the night before, adding some sugar to them and letting them sit for about an hour. Sugaring the peaches brings out the juices and once they were ready I strained the juice out and put it aside, then placed the peaches on a waxed pined baking sheet and put them in the freezer overnight. The next day I brewed a fresh pot of sweet tea and sweetened it with the reserved peach juice from the night before and the secret ingredient, Alizé Peach. Alizé liqueurs infuse premium French Vodka with luscious flavors from the world’s most exotic regions. Alizé Peach is an infusion of ripe peaches and the flavor is so good that you can enjoy it on the rocks or mix it into a cocktail like we did. It has a sweet flavor so you want to make sure to mix it into the tea and give it a taste before you add any additional sugar. I like my sweet tea pretty sweet so I wound up adding some more but you can add as much or as little as you like.
Once the tea is ready pour it over a pitcher filled with ice and drop in those frozen peaches from the night before. Those tasty pieces of frozen fruit soak up the flavors of the tea and the Alizé Peach and at the end you can fish them out and eat them before pouring yourself another glass. It’s the perfect way to spend a summer afternoon with friends.
- 12 cups water, divided
- 750 ml Alizé Peach
- 3 large tea bags or 6 cup size tea bags
- ¼ c Sugar
- Sweetened Peach Juice
- Frozen Peaches
- 2 Fresh Peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- Place peeled and sliced peaches and sugar in a bowl and toss until peaches are well coated.
- Place bowl in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Remove bowl from fridge and strain the peaches from the juice. Reserve juice.
- Place peaches on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in freezer for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil over high heat in 2-quart saucepan.
- Remove from heat; add tea bags and let the mixture steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add 8 cups of cold water and the Alizé Peach.
- Add reserved peach juice and sugar.
- Serve in a pitcher filled with frozen peaches and ice. Garnish with fresh mint and fresh lemon slices.