Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
Air fryer pork tenderloin is a fast and easy way to cook the dish so it comes out moist and perfectly cooked. This basic recipe is easy to modify with your favorite seasonings and marinades.
Pork tenderloin is delicious when you prepare it perfectly! But, it is a lean meat and it is easy to dry out in your oven if you are not careful.
This air fryer pork tenderloin recipe cooks to the perfect temperature, develops a light crispiness on the outside, and leaves it moist and tender on the inside.
We’re giving you a great base recipe for tenderloin with just a little salt and pepper. It’s perfect with crispy air fryer potatoes or a side of air fryer sweet potato fries or air fryer asparagus but you can also add your favorite spices or marinades to up the flavor OR save time and buy a marinated pork tenderloin.
We used a sweet teriyaki tenderloin which goes great with our stir fry veggies.
And, depending on how exactly you season it, you can easily keep this dish keto. Then you can enjoy it guilt free while sticking to your macros.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
The ingredients you need can’t get much simpler. And really, other than the pork tenderloin itself, you almost certainly already have them on hand. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pork tenderloin – You can use fresh or seasoned or marinated tenderloin. If you use a tenderloin that has already been seasoned/marinated you can skip the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Olive oil – We use olive oil but you could use another light tasting oil if you prefer.
- Kosher salt – You could use sea salt if you prefer.
- Black pepper – This can be fresh ground or canned.
To make it, follow these easy instructions.
Step 1 – Prep the pork and fryer. To start, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
As it heats, combine the salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Lightly brush the pork tenderloin with olive oil and sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper.
Step 2 – Air fry the tenderloin. Carefully place tenderloin in the air fryer basket. If need be, cut it in half so it can fit.
Cook the tenderloin for 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. We recommend getting an instant read thermometer to check the temp.
Finally, remove from the tenderloin from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Difference Between Pork Tenderloin and Pork Loin
Though they have similar names and come from similar areas on the pig, the tenderloin and loin are two different cuts of meat. And due to differences in size and shape, you should not substitute one for the other.
The main similarity is that they are both lean cuts of pork. But the tenderloin is a narrow, long, and boneless cut of meat. The loin is thicker and may or may not contain a bone. The size difference means that you cannot easily substitute one for the other without either over cooking the tenderloin or undercooking the loin.
Using Marinated Pork Tenderloin
If your grocery store sells marinated pork tenderloin that you want to use, you definitely can! If you do, just skip adding the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Otherwise, you cook the tenderloin according to the recipe instructions.
What to Serve with It
Pork tenderloin is a great, low fat and high protein main dish. And it goes super well with lots of different side dishes. Some of our favorite sides to make with the air fryer tenderloin are
- Vegetable stir fry
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Mustard Potato Salad
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Looking for More Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Maple Bacon Air Fryer Donut
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- More air fryer recipes…
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the spices.
- Lightly brush pork tenderloin with olive oil. Sprinkle on all sides with spices.
- Place tenderloin in the air fryer basket (you may need to cut in half to make it fit).
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.