Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Air fryer hot dogs are a simple way to prepare the classic in less than 10 minutes. Perfect for a fast, casual meal any day of the week!
The air fryer is an amazing tool. It can mimic a deep fryer or oven.
In the case of hot dogs, you can get oven baked dogs with a crisper skin in less time and without having to heat up your oven.
Though they are perfect for barbeques, they are also great for a quick meal any time of year. You can serve them, along with an air fryer burger, with your favorite toppings. One of our favorite ways is to pile the dogs high with chili and cheese.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Hot dogs are about as easy as recipes come. You only need:
- Hot dogs – You can use your favorite brand, any works great!
- Hot dog buns – You can use your favorite brand of buns.
- Toppings (optional) – Anything you like to add to your hot dogs!
Here’s how to use your air fryer to make the best tasting air fryer hot dogs.
Step 1 – Prep the dogs and fryer. Start by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
As it heats, remove your hot dogs from their packaging and lightly pat off any moisture with a paper towel. Next, use a sharp knife to cut 4 shallow slits diagonally across the top of each hot dog.
Step 2 – Fry the dogs. When the dogs and air fryer are ready, place the hot dogs in the air fryer basket with a little space between each.
Cook the dogs for 6 to 8 minutes. How long you cook them depends on how well done you like them. For frozen dogs, you’ll need to cook them for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
If you want to warm your buns slightly, remove the hot dogs at 6 minutes and then place the dogs in the buns and place them back in the basket. It is ok if they touch. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer, add your toppings, and enjoy.
How Long Do You Cook Them?
When you use the air fryer, you need to set the temperature to 400 degrees and let it preheat.
Hot dogs cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until they reach your desired doneness level.
If you are using frozen dogs, cook them for about 10 minutes.
Can You Use Frozen Hot Dogs?
Yes! You can thaw them first and then cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Or you can cook them frozen for 10 minutes or until they have fully heated through.
What to Serve With Them
Hot dogs are best when served with your favorite toppings. Mustard, ketchup, cheese, and relish are all great topping options.
For a fuller meal, you can top them with one our favorite chili recipes. Some chilis you might like to make to top your dogs include:
For a bit of crunch, you can add our avocado coleslaw. This recipe is also keto, so if you want to skip the bun, you can serve the dogs on top of the coleslaw for a filling keto friendly meal.
If you are looking for some great sides, you can try our Mustard Potato Salad or Sour Cream Potato Salad. Both are great options to help fill out your meal. And for a super casual meal, you can try our Frozen French Fries recipe, or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. It’s a kid friendly meal that is super fast and your kids will love.
Looking for More Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Steak
- Maple Bacon Air Fryer Donut
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- More Air Fryer Recipes…
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 4 Hot Dogs
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- Hot Dog Toppings, optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer preheats open your hot dogs and lightly pat off any moisture with a paper towel. Cut 4 shallow slits diagonally across the top of each hot dog.
- Place the hot dogs in the air fryer basket with a little space between each.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes depending on how roasted you like your hot dogs. (See Note 1 regarding cooking frozen hot dogs.)
- Optional: If you want to warm your buns slightly remove the hot dogs at 6 minutes and then place the digs in the buns and place the buns back in the basket. It is ok if they touch. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, add your toppings, and enjoy.
- To cook frozen hot dogs place the frozen dogs in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Nutritional value does not include toppings.