Air Fryer Salmon
Air fryer salmon is a quick, easy, and healthy recipe for a delicious fish dinner. Just a few spices and a few minutes in the air fryer and you have perfectly cooked salmon every time.
Cooking fish can be a little intimidating sometimes but honestly it’s so simple. It’s one of the quickest and easy main dishes you can make and cooking fish in the air fryer is even easier!
Just a few simple ingredients and you have a restaurant quality salmon dish that pairs well with any side and tastes delicious as the protein in a big salad.
Once you’ve mastered this basic recipe you can try our Pistachio Crusted Salmon or Blood Orange Salmon for an extra boost of flavor.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this:
- Salmon – Look for two 4 ounce filets or ask if a butcher can chop them for you. If you prefer to have skin off, you can often ask that they remove the skin for you too.
- Olive oil – Olive oil or canola oil can work for this recipe, it helps give the salmon a bit of a crispier outside.
- Spices – To give the salmon some good flavor, you’ll need paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Kosher salt, and black pepper.
- We use a COSORI 3.7 quart air fryer
Step 1 – Prep the fish. Before starting, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for at least 3 minutes so it is nice and hot when you put it into the basket.
As it heats, mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub each filet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top and bottom. When they have a coating of oil on them, sprinkle the spice mixture over the two filets on both top and bottom.
Step 2 – Fry. When the fryer is preheated and the salmon prepped, place the filets in the basket. Make sure to leave a little space between them for air to pass by. Put the basket back in the fryer.
Cook the salmon filets for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Remove them from the basket and serve immediately.
More options – For a different flavor, you can follow our Pistachio Crusted Salmon recipe but use your air fryer instead! To do this, all you need to do is use your air fryer instead of your oven. You still cook it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. It’s just another great way to enjoy salmon in your air fryer.
Can You Cook Salmon with the Skin On?
Yes, you can definitely cook it with the skin on.
If you don’t want to remove the skin you can keep it in place. You follow the same instructions. When it’s done cooking, you can eat salmon skin or remove it from the salmon before eating if you prefer.
How to know when Salmon is Done
You can easily tell if salmon is done with a couple simple tricks.
One thing you can do is use your finger or fork to gently poke or pull the salmon gently. If it flakes and pulls apart easily, it is ready.
Another way to tell is to make a small cut into the center. If it is opaque, it is ready to eat.
If you like to know for sure, you can use an instant read thermometer to see if the temperature in the center has reached 145 degrees F. If it is lower, you’ll need to pop them back in for another minute or two.
Looking for More Easy Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Steak
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
- Keto Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- More Air Fryer Recipes…
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Air Fryer Salmon
- 8 ounces Salmon, portioned into two 4 ounce filets
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for at least 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder,
- Rub each filet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil top and bottom and then sprinkle the spice mixture over the two filets, top and bottom.
- Place the salmon filets in the air fryer basket and put it back in the air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove from basket and serve immediately.