Air Fryer Asparagus
Air fryer asparagus is a great appetizer or side dish for nearly any occasion. Slightly crispy, healthy, and delicious, it is hard to say no to these green spears.
Why roast asparagus in the oven when you can make it in a fraction of the time in the air fryer? This method saves time and creates absolutely delicious results. The outside gets a little crisp but the spears stay tender. Plus our combination of seasonings really helps the the flavor of this veggie shine.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Fresh asparagus in the air fryer doesn’t need much to make it delicious!
What You’ll Need
- Asparagus – You can get pre-trimmed or trim off the hard, woody ends yourself
- Olive oil – Olive oil helps give the outside of the asparagus a bit of crispiness to it when cooked.
- Grated Parmesan cheese – Parmesan cheese adds both flavor and a bit of crispiness to the outside.
- Spices – Salt, pepper, and garlic powder brings out the flavor.
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice adds a pop of brightness to the asparagus.
How to Make It
Prepare the spices. In a small bowl, use a spoon or fork to mix the parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic together. Stir it until it is well mixed.
Prep the asparagus. In a large bowl or on a sheet pan, toss the asparagus with the olive oil until evenly coated. Next, sprinkle the Parmesan mixture over top and toss until evenly coated with the mixture. Place the spears into the air fryer basket leaving a little bit of space between them.
You may need to make more than one batch. This depends on the size of your air fryer basket.
Fry and serve. Place the filled basket into the air fryer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees. Cook the spears for 8 to 10 minutes. Halfway through, make sure you toss the spears to allow for even cooking.
When they are done cooking, remove the spears from the basket and drizzle with lemon juice. For added flavor, you can sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese too.
Yes! Asparagus makes a great keto, low carb, Paleo, or Whole30 side dish. Raw asparagus has about 3.6 grams carbs in 6 medium sized spears. The net carbs are much lower thanks to the amount of fiber in the asparagus. It only has 1.8 grams of net carbs! They’re also a great source of folate and vitamins A, C, and K.
Dips and Sauces to Serve with It
Air fried asparagus makes a great side for main dishes like steak, chicken, and fish. You could also serve it alongside your favorite pastas or large salads.
Looking for More Easy Air Fryer Recipes?
Air Fryer Asparagus
- In a small bowl combine Parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl or on a sheet pan coat the asparagus with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the Parmesan mixture.
- Place a single layer of asparagus in the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees for 8-10 mins, tossing halfway through.
- Before serving, drizzle the lemon juice on the asparagus.
- Sprinkle more parmesan if desired.