Chicken Bacon Ranch Biscuit Casserole
This easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Biscuit Casserole is made with rotisserie chicken for a quick and easy family dinner!
This delicious chicken biscuit casserole is total comfort food. Golden brown biscuits, chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing. It just doesn’t get much better than that!
Love the chicken, bacon, ranch flavor combo but want something low-carb? We’ve got an awesome keto chicken bacon ranch casserole you’re going to love!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Canned Biscuits – We use Pillsbury grand buttermilk biscuits but any brand will work. We do suggest jumbo since they are bigger and fill the casserole up better.
- Shredded Rotisserie chicken – This one is simple. Grab a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, remove the skin and cut the meat from it. Then use two forks to shred the meat. You can chop it into bite-size pieces if you prefer.
- Diced Tomatoes – 1 can of diced tomatoes is all you need. Do not drain. You’ll be adding this to the casserole undrained!
- Cooked bacon – You’ll want 4 ounces of cooked bacon. I usually cook 1 pound of bacon in the oven, chop it all up once it’s cooked, and then store the extra in the refrigerator of freezer to use in my bacon artichoke dip, or as an extra topping for my pizza casserole.
- Cream Cheese – This combines with the tomatoes, bacon, and ranch dressing to make a creamy sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese – No casserole is complete without some melted cheese on top! You can substitute with mozzarella cheese if you prefer.
- Ranch dressing – Use your favorite brand. We prefer Hidden Valley Ranch because it has a good consistency that isn’t too watery.
- Melted butter – Use salted butter
- Ranch seasoning – You can make your own ranch seasoning or you you can pick up at packet at the store.
Alternatives to Rotisserie Chicken
If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken on hand or just need to use up some of the chicken in your freezer you can substitute with fully cooked skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs.
I highly recommend baking them with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder so that they have a good flavor before adding them to the casserole.
Step 1 – Prepare the Oven. Preheat oven to 375°F.
Step 2 – Prepare your pan. Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Step 3 – Cut the biscuits. Open the can of biscuits and peel the biscuits apart. Cut each biscuit lengthwise and then widthwise making 4 equal-sized pieces.
Step 4 – Mix the ingredients. In a large bowl combine undrained tomatoes, bacon, cream cheese, and ranch dressing. Stir together until well mixed.
Add the shredded chicken and half of the biscuits to the mixture and toss together gently. You don’t want to crush the biscuit dough.
Step 5 – Bake. Place mixture in the greased casserole dish and top with the remaining biscuits placing them evenly over the chicken mixture and nestling them into the mixture so they are halfway in.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Step 6 – Add the toppings. After it has baked 25 minutes place your butter in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 30 seconds. Add the ranch seasoning to the butter and mix together.
Open the oven and remove the casserole (don’t turn off the oven!) Brush the butter over the tops of the exposed biscuits. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the casserole and then place it back in the oven and let it continue to bake for 10 minutes longer.
Step 7 – Rest then serve. Remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Can I Put Raw Chicken in My Casserole?
We don’t recommend using raw chicken for this casserole. The chicken will release water as it cooks. That additional liquid will keep the biscuits from cooking properly and you’ll end up with soggy biscuit dough in your casserole.
Can You Freeze Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole?
Yes! This casserole recipe is a great freezer meal. To freeze bake the casserole according the to instructions and let it cool completely.
Once cooled place the casserole in a freezer safe airtight container. Remove as much air from the container as possible when sealing. Place in the freezer and store for up to 2 months.
How to Reheat Biscuit and Chicken Casserole
To reheat the casserole remove from the freezer and place in an oven safe baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole is warmed through.
Looking for More Easy Casserole Recipes?
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Beef Enchilada Casserole
- Eggs and Sausage Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Ravioli and Sausage Slow Cooker Casserole
- Taco Mac and Cheese Casserole
- More Casserole Recipes…
Chicken Bacon Ranch Biscuit Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Open the can of biscuits and peel the biscuits apart. Cut each biscuit lengthwise and then widthwise making 4 equal-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl combine undrained tomatoes, bacon, cream cheese, and ranch dressing. Stir together until well mixed.
- Add the shredded chicken and half of the biscuits to the mixture and toss together gently. You don’t want to crush the biscuit dough.
- Place mixture in the greased baking dish and top with the remaining biscuits placing them evenly over the chicken mixture and nestling them into the mixture so they are halfway in.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When it has baked 25 minutes place your butter in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 30 seconds. Add the ranch seasoning to the butter and mix together.
- Open the oven and brush the butter over the tops of the exposed biscuits. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the casserole and then close the oven and let it continue to bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.