This post was sponsored by Harris Teeter. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Make pizza night extra fun with this Pizza Casserole! It’s an easy pizza bake filled with all of your favorite pizza toppings.
Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s a Friday night favorite around my house. Sometimes we have pizza delivered but other times we have a little extra fun with it and put our own spin on pizza. We’ve made French Bread Pizza Sticks, Lasagna French Bread Pizza, and even Pizza Wontons. Our latest pizza night recipe was this amazing Pizza Casserole. It’s a simple pizza pasta bake made with penne pasta, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and all of our favorite pizza toppings.
The great thing about pizza is that there are so many different toppings. Personally I’m a fan of supreme pizzas with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, sausage, pepperoni, and black olives but my kids usually go for just plain pepperoni pizza. Either way this Pizza Casserole is delicious so go nuts and customize it with all of your family’s favorite toppings. I found everything I needed for our family pizza night at Harris Teeter. I even saved money by purchasing Harris Teeter private-label items! Harris Teeter has created a whole line of their own products that are low-priced and as good as, or even better than the leading brands. You can find pretty much anything you could possibly need for your Pizza Casserole and they stand behind their private-label products. Harris Teeter guarantees satisfaction—if you are not satisfied with a private-label product for any reason, you can return your item to the store and Harris Teeter will refund your money as well as replace the item with a like item of your choice (restrictions apply).
Once you get home with all of of your ingredients the recipe is simple. Cook and drain the pasta ( I used penne but feel free to use elbow macaroni or rotini if you prefer), add pizza sauce, toppings, and mozzarella cheese. Toss everything together and pour it into a 13″ x 9″ greased casserole dish. Then sprinkle more mozzarella over top, add a few more pepperonis if you’re using them, cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for another 10 minutes and then serve your ooey, gooey, super cheesy, Pizza Casserole!
Pick up everything you need to make this Pizza Casserole on your next trip to Harris Teeter!
- 16 oz Penne Pasta
- 4 c Mozzarella Cheese, , divided
- 28 oz Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 1 c Pepperonis
- 4 oz Green Peppers, , diced
- 2 oz Onion, , diced
- 4 oz Mushrooms, , chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage, , ground
- 1 oz Black Olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook penne pasta until al dente.
- While pasta cooks brown Italian sausage in a skillet. Cook fully and drain grease.
- Drain pasta and pour into a large bowl.
- Add 2 cups mozzarella, pizza sauce, diced tomatoes, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cooked Italian sausage. Toss until fully combined.
- Grease a 13x9 inch casserole dish and pour mixture into it.
- Top with remaining cheese, pepperonis, black olives and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.