Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball
A buffalo chicken cheese ball makes a zesty keto friendly appetizer perfect for football season and easy entertaining. It’s so good, you may just need to make a second for yourself!
This super easy Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball is the stuff that keto appetizer dreams are made of. This simple dish is packed with spicy buffalo chicken, two types of cheeses, and almonds.
Make it ahead of time and serve with vegetable dippers like celery at your next game day or holiday party.
If you like this you’re going to love some of our other buffalo chicken recipes including our Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip, Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Dip, and our Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What You’ll Need
- Chicken – Don’t have rotisserie or leftovers on hand? No problem! This is perfect for Instant Pot Shredded Chicken.
- Cream Cheese – Full fat cream cheese gives this the best flavor and texture.
- Cheddar Cheese – You can use block cheese and shred it yourself or get pre-shredded cheddar cheese. Cheddar jack or other cheddar based cheese blends.
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce – Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce is a bit hotter than their normal sauce. If you prefer milder flavor, you can use their regular hot sauce. You can also pick your favorite buffalo sauce from the store or make your own at home.
- Almonds – You can use other nuts if needed for allergies. The almonds add crunch, but if you are allergic to nuts, you can leave them out.
How to Make It
Mix it well. Place the chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Frank’s sauce in your stand mixer’s bowl. Mix the ingredients until they are well combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a hand mixer or a wooden spoon. A stand mixer just makes it a lot easier.
Shape the ball. Scrape out the mixture from the bowl using a spatula. Roll the mixture into a ball and then roll it through the almonds until it is evenly coated.
Chill and serve. Wrap the cheesy, chicken ball in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Let it chill for at least 1 hour before serving with your favorite crackers, celery, or favorite dressing.
Is it Keto?
Yes, this simple cheese ball makes a great keto appetizer. It has 3 grams of net carbs per serving. Don’t forget to count the carbs in whatever vegetable or low carb cracker you decide to serve it with though.
How to Store It
You can store the balls for up to 3 days, which means you can make it a day or two before a get together. Just make sure to tightly wrap the ball in plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
We do not recommend freezing the cheese ball. It doesn’t thaw very nicely when frozen. It is best to serve it fresh.
Looking for More Easy Cheese Ball Recipes?
Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces Chicken, cooked, shredded, and finely chopped
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Almonds, roughly chopped
- Place chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Frank’s sauce in the bowl of your stand mixer and mix together until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Scrape the mixture from the bowl and form into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the chopped almonds until it is fully covered.
- Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with celery or crackers.