Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Chicken
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Chicken is a mix of fettuccine noodles coated in a sweet, smoky cream cheese roasted red pepper sauce, sautéed mushrooms, baby spinach, and chicken.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Chicken
My Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Chicken is packed full of flavor with sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and garlic, and tender pieces of chicken cooked in Italian seasoning, but the real star of the dish is the sauce.
The creamy roasted red pepper sauce is a sweet and smoky blend of diced tomatoes and fire roasted red peppers finished with a generous helping of Arla® Mediterranean Garden cream cheese. It is rich, creamy, and totally amazing. I could eat it by the spoonful, but it’s even better tossed with some fettuccini pasta!
Are you guys familiar with the Food Network show Chopped? Contestants are given a mystery basket full of ingredients that they have to use in one dish. It’s one of my favorites! So, you can imagine how excited I was when I heard that FoodNetwork.com ,in partnership with Arla, is hosting a Chopped at Home Challenge. Yep, you can play along from the comfort of your own kitchen! (see rules)
Chopped At Home Challenge Mystery Ingredients:
- Arla cream cheese (any flavor)– Arla is a farm-to-fridge dairy, so the fresh milk for their cream cheese comes directly from farms owned by Arla’s proud farmers. Arla cream cheese comes in 6 flavors: Original, Herbs & Spices, Blueberry, Mediterranean Garden, Strawberry and Skyr. It’s free from artificial flavors, preservatives, thickeners and stabilizers, and it has a better nutrition profile than other common bagel spreads. For example, the Original flavor of Arla cream cheese is made from only four simple ingredients that you can recognize: cream, skim milk, cheese culture and salt. Find Arla Cream Cheese at a store near you.
- Chicken breast– This leaner cut of chicken is perfect for making a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
- Baby spinach– One of my favorites! Baby spinach has a mild flavor and takes minutes to cook.
- Roasted red bell pepper– Sweet and smoky, roasted red peppers have an amazing amount of flavor. You can make your own or buy them in a jar to save time.
As soon as I saw roasted red peppers on the list I knew I had to make roasted red pepper sauce, and that Arla Mediterranean Garden cream cheese was the perfect way to add a rich, creaminess to the sauce. Arla Mediterranean Garden cream cheese has a blend of grilled bell peppers, olives, basil and garlic that pairs perfectly with the roasted red pepper sauce and made it the star of my Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Chicken.
ARE ROASTED RED PEPPERS HOT?
No, roasted red peppers are made from red bell peppers that have been roasted until the skin chars and can easily be removed. They have a sweet, salty, smoky flavor that is absolutely delicious!
Once my sauce was made I tossed cooked fettuccine noodles in it so they were coated in that rich creamy sauce. Then I added sautéed chicken breast cooked in olive oil and a blend of Italian spices, and lightly sautéed mushrooms and baby spinach. When I say lightly I mean it. The baby spinach was cook just long enough to wilt it so it still has a very fresh, bright flavor.
TIPS FOR MAKING ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA:
- The key to this sauce is melding all of the flavors together in a smooth, creamy sauce. Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce. You can stick it right in the pot! If you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a use a standard blender.
- If you can’t find Arla Mediterranean Garden cream cheese you can substitute with one of Arla’s other flavors, like Original or Herbs & Spices.
- The roasted red pepper sauce goes with any pasta but the wider flat fettuccine noodles are perfect for this dish.
- Baby spinach cooks very quickly so once you remove the mushroom, add the baby spinach and keep moving it around until it is cooked, 1-2 minutes!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHOPPED AT HOME CHALLENGE:
Here is everything you need to know to compete in the Chopped At Home Challenge!
Contestants are required to upload a description of their recipe along with a photo of the finished dish that includes the Arla packaging in the shot. The winner will be selected based on appetite appeal (35%), creativity and incorporation of basket ingredients (15%), appearance and presentation (15%) and clarity of dish description (35%). There will be one grand prize winner that will received $5,000 cash and a gift basket containing Arla products and helpful kitchen items worth an estimated $350. The contest will run from 9:00 AM EST on 4/10/18 to 4:59 PM EST on 6/1/18 so grab your ingredients and get started!
CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA WITH CHICKEN
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Dinner Recipes board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Chicken
- 4 ounces Arla Mediterranean Garden Cream Cheese Spread
- 48 ounces Roasted Red Peppers
- 14.5 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 16 ounces Fettuccine
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, cubed
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 8 ounces Mushrooms
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir in minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until garlic begins to soften.
- Add roasted red peppers and diced tomatoes (including juices), and ½ teaspoon of salt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and use an immersion blender to puree mixture until it is smooth. Place the pan back on the heat and turn heat to low.
- Slowly stir in the Arla Mediterranean Garden Cream Cheese Spread. Set the heat to simmer and let sauce continue to cook while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook fettuccine according to instructions on package.
- While the pasta cooks cut the chicken into cubes and sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Add remaining olive oil to a skillet and cook chicken over medium heat. As the chicken cooks add the Italian seasoning. Continue to cook chicken until it is browned on all sides and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- When chicken is ready set to the side and add the mushrooms to the skillet. Saute for 5-6 minutes until they are softened. Remove mushrooms and add the baby spinach. Cook for 1-2 minutes until just wilted.
- Drain the cooked pasta and place it back in the pot. Pour in the roasted red pepper sauce and toss pasta in it until well coated. Add chicken and continue to toss.
- Place the pasta in a serving dish and top with sauteed mushrooms and spinach.