This easy Halloween recipe for creepy Mozzarella Eyeballs is perfect for a Halloween party or dinner before trick-or-treating.
Halloween is almost here! Are you having a party? Do you do a family dinner before the kids head out to trick-or-treat? Since I’m all grown up no one appreciates me knocking on their door and asking for candy anymore, BUT we do have a Halloween party every year and I always have fun making tasty, but kinda creepy, Halloween party food!
This year I’m all about eyes…they’re kind of gross right? These mozzarella eyeballs are super easy to make, and they are delicious, which makes them perfect party food. I made them last year and they were all gone at the end of the night, just the way I like it. The less leftovers I have the happier I am.
You might have noticed that I love finger foods at parties. From chicken artichoke chicken bites, to BLT Bacon Cups , to mini honey pecan cheesecakes, if you can eat it in two bites or less I’m probably going to like it. As gross as these eyeballs look they taste great. They are made with fresh mozzarella, pesto, black olives, and a mix of tomato paste and puree. All you need to do is put a pesto in a piping bag and squirt a small dab of pesto on the mozzarella ball. Then press the olive to it and fill it with a little more pesto. Mix puree tomatoes and tomato paste together and spread it on your platter, putting your mozzarella balls in it. I made mine the morning of the party and wrapped the dish in plastic wrap until the party.
- 1 container Ciliegine mozzarella
- ¼ c Pesto
- 1 can of Black olives, sliced
- ¼ Tomatoes, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Put the pesto in a pastry bag.
- Pipe a small dab of pesto on each mozzarella ball and press a slice of black olive onto each one.
- Pipe more pesto into the center of the olive.
- Mix crushed tomato and tomato paste.
- Spread tomato mixture onto your serving platter and set the mozzarella balls on the tomato mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
What fun recipes do you have planned for Halloween?