Keto Cauliflower Spanish Rice
Keto cauliflower Spanish rice is a tasty, low carb alternative to the traditional dish. You can make this flavor packed dish quickly to serve it alongside your favorite Mexican inspired entrees.
Cauliflower rice is a low carb solution for rice lovers who are following a keto diet. It has a similar texture to regular kind and you can use it in just about every dish you would use regular rice for, including Spanish rice.
This Spanish cauliflower rice recipe comes together quickly too. You can make it to serve in a taco bowl, in keto tacos, or alongside your favorite southwestern style chicken and veggies. I love it with my Oven Chicken Fajitas or Instant Pot salsa chicken.
And if you need more low carb solutions to carb heavy, non-keto friendly favorites, you should also check out these keto cauliflower mashed potatoes. They go great with any meal that just tastes better with mashed potatoes or cauliflower.
If you can’t tell by now cauliflower is one of my FAVORITE keto veggies. If you agree make sure you check out our keto chicken alfredo casserole, low carb pizza casserole, and buffalo chicken cauliflower casserole. Yum!!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious Spanish cauliflower rice.
- Olive oil – You could also use another light tasting oil if you prefer.
- Aromatics – You’ll need both an onion (yellow or white) and garlic.
- Rotel – You can get your favorite style like hot, regular, or mild.
- Tomato paste – The tomato paste helps to thicken up the liquids.
- Seasonings – You’ll need the following seasonings chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Cauliflower rice – You can make your own by grating cauliflower or using a food processor to finely mince it. You can find a great tutorial here or purchase it at your local grocery store.
Here’s what you need to do to make this.
Step 1 – Saute the onion. To start, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Once it is hot, add the onion to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes then add the garlic. Allow it to cook for another 2 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
Step 2 – Add the seasoning. Pour the Rotel into the skillet along with the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir it all together.
Step 3 – Cook the cauliflower rice. Finally, add the cauliflower rice and stir everything together. Cook the rice for 3-5 minutes until the cauliflower rice is tender. The key here is to not overcook the cauliflower. We want to keep that firm texture to make it feel more like rice. Make sure to try it as it cooks and stop when you think it’s just right for you.
Why is Cauliflower Rice Healthy?
Cauliflower rice is made using ground up cauliflower. Cauliflower is a nutritionally dense food, meaning it has a lot of vitamins and antioxidants with only a few calories. It is full of fiber and does not have a lot of carbs, making it a good replacement for regular rice in keto friendly diets.
How Many Carbs Are In It?
In each serving, there are about 5 grams net carbs. Cauliflower rice is full of antioxidants and vitamins, which makes it a very healthy, keto friendly alternative to white or brown rice.
How to Store It?
To store, allow it to cool completely. Scoop the rice into an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to one week.
To reheat, you can place it in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. You could also place it in a skillet over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until warmed through.
Looking for More Keto Side Dishes?
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Quick and Easy Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Cheesy Baked Zucchini Casserole
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Keto Antipasto Salad
- Pickled Cauliflower
- More Keto Recipes…
Keto Cauliflower Spanish Rice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook for another 2 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Pour the Rotel into the skillet along with the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir together.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir everything together cooking for 3-5 minutes until the cauliflower rice is tender.
- Serve immediately.