Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are thinly sliced steak and perfectly cooked peppers and onions smothered in Provolone cheese on a soft slider bun. It’s the perfect football party food for feeding a hungry crowd!
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
By now you know we take game day homegating, and the sliders recipes that make them great, pretty seriously. Our Philly Cheesesteak Sliders were our first slider recipe and they remain a favorite. From the melted Provolone cheese to that delicious steak these Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are pure awesomeness! They’re also super easy to make for a party. Instead of making individual sandwiches all of the ingredients got together in a casserole dish or on a baking sheet and the sandwiches are pulled apart when they are served.
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLIDERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Game Day board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak Sliders:
- Separate the tops and bottoms of your rolls, placing the bottoms in an 11″ x 7″ casserole dish or on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cook the steak, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the steak aside, then saute your pepper and onions.
- While those are cooking spread a thin layer of mayo on your bread tops and bottoms.
- When your meat and veggies have finished cooking spread a layer of steak over the bread, then a layer of onions and peppers.
- Spread the steak, peppers, and onions evenly over the bottom pieces of bread, like you are making a casserole.
- Next up is a layer of provolone cheese. Yum! Place the top pieces of bread on and then brush everything with melted butter and finely diced onions.
- Bake and serve!
When they come out of the oven use a knife to cut between the top pieces of bread and you have Philly Cheesesteak Sliders for everyone! All of the flavor from the meat and peppers soaks into that soft sweet bread, and the cheese is all melted and gooey. I’m telling you now, make two batches because these things are going to go fast.
- Chili Dog Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Southwest Chipotle Burger Sliders
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Jalapeño Popper Turkey Burger Sliders
- Asian Chili & Garlic Pork Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Club Sandwich Sliders
- Easy French Dip Sliders
- Monte Cristo Sliders
Hawaiian Pizza Sliders
- Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders
- Pizza Sliders
- Baked Hot Pastrami Sliders
- 12 Slider rolls
- 1 box Thinly sliced steak (found in frozen food section)
- 1 Green pepper , diced
- 1 Onion , diced
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Butter , melted
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F
Separate the tops and bottoms of your rolls and place the bottoms in an 11" x 7" casserole dish.
Cook the steak meat in a skillet, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Place the steak aside,
Saute the pepper and onions until they are tender.
Prep the bread by spreading a thin layer of mayo on the tops and bottoms of the rolls.
When the meat, onions and peppers have finished cooking spread the steak, then peppers, and onions evenly over the bottom pieces of bread in the casserole dish.
Place a layer of provolone cheese over the peppers and onions.
Place the top pieces of bread on top of the cheese and then brush the tops of the bread with a mix of melted butter and finally diced onions.
Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
Cut and serve.