M&M’s® Crispy and Peanut Butter Brookie Bars
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% ours. #CrispyIsBack #CollectiveBias
These Brookie bars are peanut butter brownies, cookie dough, and M&M’s® Crispy baked into one delicious dessert!
Am I the only one who is so excited when their favorite candy comes out with a new flavor and is devastated when they fall in love with it and then it disappears from the shelves? OK, maybe not devastated but seriously disappointed ;). I remember feeling like that about M&M’s® Crispy back in the day. I loved their crispy, crunchy goodness and then one day they were gone, for what I assumed would be forever. You can imagine my surprise when I spotted them at the checkout counter in Walmart the other day! They’re baaack!
I bought 10 bags of them right then and there, I’m pretty sure they cashier thought I was crazy. Hey, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. I was on my way to Melinda’s that day to do some baking and I was so excited to tell her what I found…turns out she didn’t even remember them *whomp, whomp*. It only took one bag to convert her into a M&M’s® Crispy fan though! 😉
Like I said we were doing a bunch of baking that night and it turns out that the only thing better than finding M&M’s® Crispy again is baking M&M’s® Crispy between a brownie and cookie. That’s right, we made M&M’s® Crispy Peanut Butter Brookie Bars. Brookies are brownies and cookies baked together…it may be as close to heaven as you can get.
We added peanut butter to the brownie mix and cooked if for half the time it required. Then we pressed the M&M’s® Crispy that I had bought into the cookie dough. This time we just used the individual snack size bags that are only 180 calories each (see I don’t even have to feel guilty about indulging!) because that’s what we had on hand but they do sell big bags in the candy/baking aisle that I would grab next time. We layered the cookie dough on top of the partially cooked brownies and put it all back in the oven to finish baking.
OMG, so good! Chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter brownies and that awesome crunch from the M&M’s® Crispy, it may be my new favorite dessert. Here’s hoping that M&M’s® Crispy don’t vanish on me again anytime soon!
M&M's® Crispy and Peanut Butter Brookie Bars
- 1 box Brownie Mix, and ingredients listed on package
- 1 c Peanut Butter
- 1 tube of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 6 oz. M&M's® Crispy
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix up the brownies according to the instructions on the package.
- Pour the mix into a greased baking dish.
- Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 10 seconds so it becomes runny, then pour it over the brownie mix and drag a knife back and forth through the mix to swirl the peanut butter in.
- Place peanut butter brownies in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the partially cooked brownies from the oven and sprinkle half of the M&M's® Crispy over them.
- Roll out the chocolate chip cookie dough and press the M&M's® Crispy into it. Then place the cookie dough on top of the brownies.
- Put the baking dish back in the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Then cut and serve.
See more great M&M’s® Crispy recipe and party ideas on the M&M’s® Crispy social hub where you can also download a coupon to save on your M&M’s® purchase.