Creamy Jalapeno Corn Dip
Creamy jalapeno corn dip is the perfect cold dip for summer parties. Make it ahead of time and bring this side to your next barbecue, picnic or potluck!
Corn is one of the best things about the summer. When you get it fresh from the farm, the corn is so juicy and sweet that nothing compares.
It is the vegetable of summer. And makes the perfect base for this slightly spicy but also refreshing dip.
Just like my fresh mango avocado salsa, pineapple salsa, and fruit salsa with cinnamon chips all you have to do is throw all of the ingredients together and stir. Then you have the perfect summer dip to serve with some salty tortilla chips or veggies.
If you love summer corn make sure to try our hot cheesy corn dip too! The melted cheese and roasted corn flavor is amazing!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need for the recipe:
- Corn – Fresh, summer corn tastes best, but you could use canned or frozen if you prefer.
- Dip base– To make the base of the dip, you’ll need both sour cream and mayonnaise. We use the full fat version of each for best consistency and flavor.
- Sharp cheddar cheese – We prefer sharp or extra sharp, but you could use mild or medium. Also, freshly grated tastes best, but you can use the bagged stuff.
- Peppers – You’ll need jalapeños with the seeds removed, green chilies, and a red pepper.
- Fresh cilantro – You can add as much as you like or skip if you prefer.
- Seasonings – You’ll need both garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper.
It doesn’t get much easier than this…one simple step.
Step 1 – Combine. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and then mix to combine. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or other dippables.
Fresh or Frozen Corn?
If you have the choice, we would definitely go fresh summer corn! It is often sweeter and fresher with a better flavor than any frozen corn.
But if it is not in season and you really want a good dip, you can use canned or frozen. If you use canned, make sure to fully drain it first. When using frozen, allow it to thaw in the fridge completely. If needed, you can use a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
Yes! You can make this dip up to 2 days in advance. To store, tightly seal them and place them in the refrigerator. Leftovers can last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What to Serve It With
This spicy, cool dip goes great with your favorite dippables! Here are some of our suggestions:
- corn chips
- pita chips
- toasted bread slices
- dippable vegetables like cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, or bell peppers
- bagel chips
- tortilla chips
Looking for More Easy Dips and Salsas?
- Keto Chicken Artichoke Dip
- Grilled Corn Salsa
- 5 Layer Greek Dip
- Dr Pepper BBQ Chicken Dip
- Caramelized Onion and Bacon Skillet Dip
- Fresh Mango Avocado Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Fresh Cranberry Salsa
- More Dips and Salsas…
Creamy Jalapeño Corn Dip
- 2 cups Corn, from approximately 3 corn cobs
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 5 ounces Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Jalapeños, seeds removed, finely diced
- 4.5 ounces Diced Green chilies, drained
- ¼ Red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh cilantro, more or less, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.