Rocky Road Bark
We received some new silicone baking mats from KOVOT for this post. All opinions are 100% ours.
This Rocky Road Bark is covered in crunchy almonds, soft marshmallows, and sweet white chocolate. It makes a great dessert or homemade gift!
Do you see that? That is some chocolaty goodness that is so easy to make your friends are going to be bitter if you don’t bring enough for everyone. You know we’re all about simplicity here, and we love our chocolate! After we made our Copycat Trader Joe’s Cowboy Bark the other day, Melinda searched through her pantry to see what else we could cover chocolate with. She came out with white chocolate, almonds, and marshmallows. Hello Rocky Road!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase a product we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Making bark is easy-peasy. You melt chocolate in a double boiler, pour it onto a baking sheet and then sprinkle your toppings on. You don’t want to pour the chocolate straight onto the baking sheet though, you want to use something that the chocolate won’t stick to. Wax paper or parchment paper works but we always use KOVOT nonstick heat resistant silicone baking mats. I couldn’t live without mine! These mats are specially polished to prevent food from sticking to the surface and they are safe to use in conventional ovens up to 482°F and at temperatures as low as -40°F for freezing food. Cookies and other baked goodies slide right off without breaking apart and they make clean-up super easy.
Once your chocolate is melted and poured start sprinkling on the toppings. My favorite part is always the nuts so I was extra generous with them! Give everything a light pat with your hand so that it presses into the chocolate enough to stick. You don’t want all of the yumminess falling off when you go to eat it.
Rocky Road Bark
- 8 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz. Dark Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz White chocolate
- 1/2 c Almonds, crushed
- 1 c Marshmallows
- Have all of the toppings chopped and ready to go.
- Place a silicone mat/parchment paper/wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Melt the two types of chocolate in the microwave, stopping to stir every 15 seconds until chocolate is smooth.
- Pour on to the cookie sheet spreading the chocolate out evenly over the sheet, keeping it about 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle toppings across the chocolate pressing down lightly to make sure they stick to the chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the toppings.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.
- Break up chocolate into large pieces.
- Try to share!
Once you have your toppings on it put the baking sheet in the refrigerator and let the chocolate harden. When it is ready use your hands to break up the bark into smaller pieces. That’s it! Now you have an easy treat to take to a party or a pretty dessert to wrap up as a gift.