Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
Air fryer pigs in a blanket is a two ingredient recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make! It’s a great snack, appetizer, or quick lunch or dinner for the kids!
OMG, these air fryer pigs in a blanket are so good! I wouldn’t have believe that cooking them in an air fryer would make that much of a difference but they cooked perfectly and so much faster!
Pigs in a blanket are a classic appetizer for parties, the perfect addition to any game day get-togethers, or just a quick and easy lunch or dinner for the kids.
What’s not to love about a simple 2 ingredients recipe of mini hot dogs (that you can call cocktail weenies for added fun!) wrapped in buttery crescent dough?
Serve them with some air fryer wings, potato skins, and pizza rolls at your next game night or family gathering!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This two ingredient recipe only calls for:
- Beef Lil Smokies – Alternatively, you could use the pork version or a regular size hot dog cut into three equal pieces.
- Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough – We usually use Pillsbury but you can use your preferred brand.
Of course you’ll also need an air fryer. We use a 5.8 quart Cosori air fryer for all of our air fryer recipes and we love it!
Step 1: Prep the rolls. Carefully unroll the crescent rolls and cut along the dotted lines into large triangles. Next, cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles.
Step 2: Roll the hot dogs. Place one cocktail weenie at the flat end of each triangle and roll up towards the point. Repeat to make the first batch.
Step 3: Preheat. Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Cook the first batch. Once preheated, place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom carefully and place the wrapped cocktail weenies in the basket (we could fit 6-8), leaving a bit of room between each one. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the dough is fully baked.
Repeat until all the wieners are cooked and ready. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or sauces.
Need something a little more substantial? Try our air fryer hot dogs!
What is the Meat in Pigs in a Blanket?
We use all beef, Lil’ Smokies, which are mini cocktail wieners. We find all beef franks have the best flavor.
Of course, you could use a pork version if you prefer or a mix of meats.
If you can’t find the mini version, you can use a regular hot dog cut into three equal pieces.
Tips for Best Results
For best results, follow these tips and tricks:
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes to help cook them evenly in the shortest amount of time.
- Place the parchment paper in AFTER preheating the air fryer. If you place it in during the preheating process it could blow around and burn in the air fryer. Place pigs in a blanket on top to of the parchment paper to help prevent sticking to the bottom of the air fryer.
- Keep things moving by rolling your first batch of pigs in a blanket, placing them in the air fryer, and then roll the next batch while the first ones bake.
Anyone who’s had a hot dog knows that you need a good dipping sauce or condiment to go with it. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Yellow mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Honey mustard
- BBQ sauce
- Cheese sauce
Looking for More Easy Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Maple Bacon Air Fryer Donut
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Keto Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- More Air Fryer Recipes...
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
- 24 Beef Lil Smokies
- 8 ounces Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
- Unroll the crescent rolls and cut along dotted lines into large triangles. Cut each triangle into 3 small triangles.
- Place one mini cocktail hot dog at the flat end of each triangle. Roll up toward the point.
- Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Once preheated, place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the basket and place wrapped lil’ smokies on the paper.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.